PDA

View Full Version : question for jack

chokeout
01-06-2012, 06:10 AM
i have 3 or 4 hounds that keep gettin these bad sores on there ankles an the top of there feet. IS IT POSSIBLE THAT ITS IN THER BLOOD? how could i fix the problem an yes they re all related.....thnkz in advance

Officially Retired
01-06-2012, 06:50 AM
i have 3 or 4 hounds that keep gettin these bad sores on there ankles an the top of there feet. IS IT POSSIBLE THAT ITS IN THER BLOOD? how could i fix the problem an yes they re all related.....thnkz in advance

If you can, post photos.

Do they have alot of bedding in their houses?

chokeout
01-06-2012, 08:00 AM

If you can, post photos.

Do they have alot of bedding in their houses?

now they have bedding cuz its cold.they didnt, i dnt think thats the problem. one live in the house an have same problem. I will take a pic but how to post it thnkz

poolplayer33
01-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Sounds like "hot spots" from boredom to me. They may have some fungus in them too.

Officially Retired
01-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Spots like that could be from licking, but if he has a whole group of dogs with this same problem, I doubt that's the culprit.

Many times dogs without bedding develop contact sores on their joints, and many dogs curl their paws up under them when they sleep, especially in the cold, so this happens alot around the wrists too. Such a spontaneous problem could possibly happen to a group, same as a group of dogs lying in wet hay/straw.

Another thing a group could have would be fungus, and if it's any kind of fungal or bacterial disorder, the reader should read this blog post (http://thepitbullbible.com/Blog/?p=144).

However, it could also be either some sort of family-inherited disorder (lupus, pemphigus, thyroid) ... as well as a group breakdown to a reaction to the feed.

It really is impossible to say without the animal present and a whole lot more information,

Jack