PDA

View Full Version : Vise Grips Lady Tomahawk

Ipk
01-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Jack seeing how little bootie produced a great litter with poncho and another winner with rick rude (did the breeding with her and rude take place before the poncho breeding?) I was curious if there were more dogs off her sister lady tomahawk than just mack and sheena? And if so how was her production compared to that of bootie?

Officially Retired
01-06-2012, 05:28 PM
No, Lady Tomahawk was spayed after that breeding, as she had a prolapse.

Ipk
01-06-2012, 05:31 PM
bummer.

Officially Retired
01-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Not really. She wouldn't start, and all 3 of her pups quit.

Believe it or not, the Truman/Rio litter sucked and 5 out of 6 quit.

Little Bootie was kind of good, but she quit too. However, she did produce Dream Killer's Cuervo (1xW) (http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=5645) when I bred her to Rick Rude (although her sister Dazzle quit). Cuervo was a deeply-game bitch though and came from way back to beat a daughter of HOE's Ch Herc. Bootie also produced a whole bunch of good dogs when bred to Poncho (her cousin), though Turbo did quit.

Poncho was the ticket behind Chase/Chita; Little Bootie and Lady Tomahawk were duds.

Once I started linebreeding on Poncho, all those "heavy Bolio" / Rio curs went by the wayside, and my gameness percentages went up much higher. For example, the Poncho/Rosey inbreeding was an all-game litter ... where two generations before Bootie and Lady T's breeding was a 1-in-6 litter :shock:

Jack

Ipk
01-06-2012, 06:48 PM
As always, thank you for your info!

Officially Retired
01-06-2012, 06:57 PM
:D

Officially Retired
01-06-2012, 07:02 PM
I would also like to point out that, with all of these curs coming from my first few breedings, you might be wondering why I didn't "jump ship" and try different blood?

Well, there were also some very game dogs in there, and some very game dogs immediately behind them, and with the proper genetic re-direction I bred in the direction of the best dogs and improved the quality greatly!

Same thing Ricky Jones did when he took all Crenshaw's culls, and by steering them with his own ideas bred more ROMs, CHs, and Grand Champions in just a few short years than Crenshaw ever bred with the dogs he kept.

Again, it's all about looking at them, discarding what doesn't work, and moving forward with the best ... rather than "jumping ship" every time something doesn't go the way you like it ;)