PDA

View Full Version : Vise Grips CH Stormbringer

Ipk
01-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Any chance you will post his story jack?

Officially Retired
01-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Breifly, Ch Stormbringer was a helluva dog, but had a nothing career. His wins were bushleague wins, except he did beat a 3xW named Hurricane that was double-bred on Mtn Man's Luger. Other than that, his wins were nothing to speak of.

What made me value Stormbringer was when I got him back, and had a look at him myself, he was one helluva good dog! I put him with a Thunder/Kitana male (Gusto 1xW, 1xL (http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=92895)) and Stormy went straight into his throat and body slammed him on "release" ... and we had to get him off immediately. I mean in under :02. We re-did them and it was the same thing all over again: grabbing our sticks before Gusto got killed in the throat. I figured Gusto was just a bum so I sold him for $500 ... and Gusto won GIS on a 4-card deal in TX defeating a son of Elliott's Six Bits ... and then Gusto faced Roadblock Kennels and lost 100% DG in 1:52 winning GIS again, but he was lost afterward. Yet he wouldn't have made it to the :05 with Stormy because Stormy was a stone-cold finisher.

I tried to help Hardcore school a prospect, and Stormy spotted 5 lb of weight into a son of Bozack ... and he was on a down dog in thirty seconds ... and the young dog had all he wanted after a mere FIVE minutes. It was almost unfair how strong Stormbringer was and it was a real shame he didn't get into truly professional hands when he was in his prime.

Later, even at the age of 7.5 years, Woodpile Kennels asked me to put him on this "killing dog" they had off of BMW's Cuervo (or Joe Black -- or one of those black Little Gator dogs, I can't remember which), just for a little fun ... and again it was the same story .. over in 5 minutes with Stormbringer piled in their throat and me pulling them out. When they let go of their dog he tried to jump. No one wanted to be in there with "The Blood Red Fury."

Therefore, career-wise, Stormy's career wasn't much because he was in green hands who just did him in little street deals. So Stormy did not beat the level of competition that some of my other dogs did, like Miagi or Mr. Serious or ManOWar. However, as the guy who's bred these other dogs, who have actually met and defeated Champions or better, none of them could kiss Stormbringer's ass: he was just a great dog who never got a chance to be shown by an elite dogman. But if I could have ONE dog back as a young dog to compete with, out of all the dogs I have ever bred in 23 years, Stormbringer would be it.

Jack

Icedogger
01-06-2012, 07:27 PM
How did he produce if you don't mind. Thanks

Officially Retired
01-06-2012, 07:36 PM
How did he produce if you don't mind. Thanks

Bred to Wild Red Rose he produced two fantastic, devastating bitches, Stone Rose and another bitch whose name I forget. The rest of the pups died at Leon's, and (unfortunately) Stone Rose got stolen and the other bitch died of babesia at Leon's friend's.

Bred to Red Sonja, he produced Red Storm (a highly-talented dog who quit), Cherry Cola (an average, game bitch), Cherry Coke (an ace bitch who had it all), and Little Red Sonja (a true finisher in the throat, but with average ability).

Most of the dogs off of Roxanne (Pup Pup's sister) were highly-athletic, cold dogs.

Jack

Ipk
01-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Great info jack thanks again!