PDA

View Full Version : redboy x cardenas

bently
01-30-2014, 05:29 AM
anyone have any experience with this cross?

bently
01-30-2014, 11:44 PM
me and a friend of mine had something up our sleeves. we where thinking about taking a couple of redboy mims bitches to some mexican eli blood and see if the outcome was worth it. preferebly wer we trying to obtain a good cardenas and tex mex bred male.

if you have any experience or seen either of the one, any info would be appreciated.
thnx

CrazyRed
01-31-2014, 05:32 AM
Have seen a few Cardenas dogs down from his Eli x Booger stuff and it was good stuff. It all depends on what you want to buy, the dream or the dog. We often romanticize dogs that aren't readily available but remember this, folks always hear about the superb individuals who make reknown noise but don't hear how many it took going through to get that 1. So if having that 1 is more important then a group of above average go get the dream.. Take a visit over if you can and you will see that not every dog across the border shits Gold as we are led to believe, and could come home with something that fits your program it might be Cardenas or some other breeder. There are a few dogs down in the deep south that came from there...

bently
01-31-2014, 08:24 AM
Have seen a few Cardenas dogs down from his Eli x Booger stuff and it was good stuff. It all depends on what you want to buy, the dream or the dog. We often romanticize dogs that aren't readily available but remember this, folks always hear about the superb individuals who make reknown noise but don't hear how many it took going through to get that 1. So if having that 1 is more important then a group of above average go get the dream.. Take a visit over if you can and you will see that not every dog across the border shits Gold as we are led to believe, and could come home with something that fits your program it might be Cardenas or some other breeder. There are a few dogs down in the deep south that came from there...

i remember i went down there a couple years back at a large convention. seen a couple good hounds, didnt know how each one was bred but i did actually see a real nice one down from ch bruto. but one is not enough to base my conclusion off of. i am unsure if i just want to breed to a dog down there or bring a few back .
we already have one here that is a haymaker x cardenas cross he is nice but once again he is the only one i seen bred that that worked and it might not be the case for the rest. , which is what made us want to try it out again. i understand all wont make it but if both coming through good proven parents then their chances will be far greater. how do the the cardenas dogs compare to the to tex mex ones?

CrazyRed
01-31-2014, 08:58 AM
I'm going to be honest with you as one of my friends is down in Mexico and i have several down in the border area, a lot of dogs get credited to a name but many aren't that or just that.. Folks say Cardenas blood, so majority automatically assume the Eli stuff with crosses but he used Redboy & a lot of Maloney blood as well as others. So if not from the man you really can't tell.. I say go with what your eyes have seen and remember just because it didn't work for someone else don't mean it won't be gold for you and vice versa.. The mims stuff is still doing it's thing out here I seen a few.. If you believe in your gyp I say do the breeding that way you have a litter to make your decision off instead of 1 or 2.

bently
01-31-2014, 11:40 AM
I'm going to be honest with you as one of my friends is down in Mexico and i have several down in the border area, a lot of dogs get credited to a name but many aren't that or just that.. Folks say Cardenas blood, so majority automatically assume the Eli stuff with crosses but he used Redboy & a lot of Maloney blood as well as others. So if not from the man you really can't tell.. I say go with what your eyes have seen and remember just because it didn't work for someone else don't mean it won't be gold for you and vice versa.. The mims stuff is still doing it's thing out here I seen a few.. If you believe in your gyp I say do the breeding that way you have a litter to make your decision off instead of 1 or 2.

thanks for the advise. i really do believe in my gyp and both have made there owner proud. i will do some more research and take a bitch or two to some it and base my conclusion off than