PDA

View Full Version : Breeding?

creek_bottom
02-06-2014, 04:41 PM
I'm not a breeder but when attempting to breed two dogs if the male penetrates seems to finish but does not stay hooked with the bitch just slides out how does that effect chances of stick taking?
YIS,
Creek Bottom

Officially Retired
02-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Minimizes them considerably ...

Officially Retired
02-06-2014, 05:50 PM
I don't know how you breed your dogs (most people use a breeding stand), but I find them more of a pain in the ass than anything.

If you breed "free" ... and know what you're doing ... you can hoist the male "up high" so he ties every time.

Very hard to do that technique with a breeding stand ... if his pecker and/or her height/structure ... aren't favorable to one another.

S_B
02-06-2014, 05:53 PM
A buddy of mine has a line of dogs that just do not knot up. He has a good success rate breeding them. They are still going to ejaculate, my suggestion if your bitch is willing, leave the male mounted and keep him inside her for as long as you can. If they are both fertile should be expecting pups.

Officially Retired
02-06-2014, 07:09 PM
The problem is two-fold: some males ejaculate before they're fully-hard ... and some males don't get up all the way in there.

I've seen people hold their dogs in place, and I agree it gives you better odds than just letting them fall out, but it's a pain and not as good as getting the tie.

I've never had a male where I failed to get a tie ... and I've helped some pretty well-known breeders get natural ties where before they couldn't get them. It's kind of difficult to explain the technique in a post. But it has to do with holding the bitch's head between your knees (her head facing the direction your can is facing), and bringing her backside in toward the male.

When he gets on and goes to humping, you're leaning over the bitch's back, and over his head and shoulders, and you reach down and grab him from behind his stifles ... pulling him up and deep in her ... with his back feet now off the ground ... and him still pumping furiously (lol) ... being held-in there by your pulling him up and in ... and it is almost always enough to get him to tie ... because of how deep you allow him to go ... where before he would just fall out.

That is my best literary description of it, lol

Jack

creek_bottom
02-07-2014, 06:45 AM
Thanks I'll give that a try today

creek_bottom
02-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Well wasn't having much luck on my own so I resorted to the stand

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_breedingprofile.php?breeding_id=1990

Creek Bottom

Officially Retired
02-07-2014, 10:57 AM
Bravo

S_B
02-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Good deal, no problem knottin there! Nice breeding.

creek_bottom
02-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Thank you