PDA

View Full Version : treadmill question.

DarkAgeKennel
02-13-2014, 11:26 AM
How many time should rotate a treadmill if you push it with your hand...i ask this because we get a treadmill wich only make two times, i think is very little. And finally: how negative can be for dog this? can affect his health or only the keep?

skipper
02-13-2014, 12:35 PM
If you ask 10 people you will probably get 10 different opinions. I have one slatmill at the moment and it does about 4 turns with a good push. Thats about how i like them. You can probably do some adjustments to your mill to make it a bit more free spinning. Imo it's not as much about the spins as to get rid of vibrations. And most important use it with a bit of common sense. You can have the best mill in the world but if you overwork a dog it's pretty much useless.

SteelyDan
02-13-2014, 12:47 PM
Common sense is the key there... How many times should it turn? How hard should u push it? idk. Put a dog on it and see if you like it and if it will work for what you need it for, make adjustments accordingly. Best thing i can tell you.

Nut
02-13-2014, 01:41 PM
Amount of turns dont tell you anything.

Might be a good mill for you, i find training at working pace better then a 100% free spinning slat

DarkAgeKennel
02-13-2014, 03:52 PM
i think that if it turns slow will give me more strength than stamina....if i push it with my hands will give two turns so the dog have to make more effort and build more muscle, but what happen when i have to work stamina.....??

Black Hand
02-13-2014, 06:55 PM
Belt length, weight, momentum play the biggest role in turns. You should probably pay more attention to how easy it is to turn one time rather than how many times the belt can carry itself around after being spun hard. Your dog isn't gonna give it one big spin with all it's might to get 10 turns. If it turns very easy with your finger you're good.

CYJ
02-14-2014, 07:26 AM
Post a video of a dog working it slow and fast. Demonstrate it like R. Lemm the mill maker did his on the You tube. The only way to tell is seeing it run. Dog should not be straining on it. If it is straining could hurt the foot pads/ligaments and kidneys.

Or compare yours to how Lemms or Dog trotters mills etc. works on the You Tube. Cheers

loot
02-14-2014, 10:27 AM
My mill has a adjustable brake on the bottom Maybe yours do also.

DarkAgeKennel
02-14-2014, 10:27 AM
http://youtu.be/PycVAUDQk3I

DarkAgeKennel
02-14-2014, 10:30 AM
there is a video friends

Nut
02-14-2014, 10:56 AM
looks like a nice mill, little to big tho

skipper
02-14-2014, 11:12 AM
If you are to have dogs in sight i suggest u have them in front of the dog. You can see he is interested in whats going on beside him. Mill looks ok to me.

loot
02-14-2014, 12:19 PM
Nice mill. I would make the side chains shorter to help keep you dog in the center. His paws may get caught on either side while running side to side.

DarkAgeKennel
02-14-2014, 04:11 PM
thanks for the feedback friends...i still have to make some adjustments...hope it work good for condition even if do not turn so many time as id like.

EWO
02-14-2014, 05:49 PM
Looks good to me. How the dog ends up is far more important than how many turns per hand push. It looks very usable to me. EWO

rodburner
02-14-2014, 06:07 PM
all good post and I don't see nothing wrong with it xcept for the side hook ups. that's an ez fix tho. what cha want for it? lol

keep it dude! lil tlc and it last awhile!