PDA

View Full Version : Cat litter

Acesaun
02-15-2014, 04:59 AM
I was looking for something to keep the smell down on my chain spots I've tried straw, cedar,ect but I was told cat litter works pretty good I just wanted to know if this is true.

I do clean my chain spots daily but from them pissing it leaves a odor.

brokeback
02-15-2014, 05:32 AM
Do you bleach yard? That works.

loot
02-15-2014, 12:06 PM
Lime from hardware store.

CYJ
02-15-2014, 01:15 PM
You have to till up the ground with lime added. Let dog stay in a pen couple of days, to let the turned over ground get some sunshine.

Around every other month I limed and tilled up my puppy pens and dog runs. Always something to do back then. Cheers

loot
02-15-2014, 03:17 PM
I just remove dog from chain spot. Sprinkle it all over an wet it down with the water hose. Let it dry an put the dog back, works fine.

waccamaw
02-15-2014, 03:26 PM
I just sprinkle heavy ,but has to be hydrated lime .but I could see tilling the soil would be good if you had the time .but you could just move the dog for a few months then move back.

loot
02-15-2014, 03:44 PM
The bags I use looks like baby powder.

Acesaun
02-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Thanks guys I never thought about tilling the ground,I bleach their spot once a week but with the rain and snow it seems like its not working Im pretty sure it's killing the germ but the smell remains.

S_B
02-20-2014, 11:53 AM
I've found this to work very well.

Purex Crystals laundry softener.

I keep a clean yard but with all the snow we've had and hay lying around in the areas there is a slight odor.

I bought the purex crystals and did not like the smell in my clothes. So before I threw it out I looked over the ingredients.

Ingredients: Sucrose (sugar), Bentonite (clay), PEG Distearate, Fragrance, Sanolin Blue ( colorant)

I just used it to sprinkle around the areas, not within them and lightly wet the ground. I suppose you could sprinkle it in the areas, my guess with the sucrose, they might try to eat it. It smells fresh the way I applied it though.

It has lasted a few days thus far, also use lime a couple times a year as needed.