PDA

View Full Version : i dont know

russian
01-08-2012, 08:14 AM
:shock:

russian
01-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Mammary gland swelling is a thickening, proliferation of tissue or a lump in the mammary glands (breasts) and in the surrounding tissue. The mammary glands are comprised of two rows of subcutaneous (under the skin) glandular tissue around each nipple and are located on either side of the animal's ventral (underside) surface. The two rows extend from the area near the underarms to the inguinal region near the genitalia. Generally, there are five glands in each row. Swellings may occur in one or all of the glands.

Mammary gland swellings are much more common in intact female animals, particularly during or after heat cycles, lactation and parturition. Dogs are more commonly affected than cats.

Swellings of the mammary glands may be due to normal hormonal changes or be associated with disease. Normal swellings of the glands occur during the heat cycle, pregnancy and lactation. Abnormal swellings of the glands are associated with:

•Galactostasis is an excessive accumulation of milk in the gland that causes an inflammatory response. This may be seen after weaning or during pseudopregnancy.

•Galactorrhea or an inappropriate lactation that is not associated with pregnancy. This may be seen with pseudopregnancy.

•Mammary fibroepithelial hypertrophy is a benign growth of the mammary tissue causing a firm swelling. The condition is most common in young intact female cats. The swelling may become extremely large.

•Mastitis or infection of the mammary gland may involve a single or multiple glands.

•Mammary adenomatous hyperplasia

•Mammary gland neoplasia

What to Watch For

•Firm or soft swellings

•Redness

•Sensitivity or pain

•Discharge from mammary gland

Diagnosis

A good history, especially in intact female animals, is critical in establishing an accurate diagnosis. Emphasis is placed on the last heat cycle, potential pregnancy, and any recent litters. Additional tests may include:

•Microscopic analysis of any discharge

•Aspirate and cytology

•Culture and sensitivity of the fluid or mass

•Biopsy of the mass

•If a tumor were suspected, additional diagnostics would include a complete blood test, biochemical profile, and chest radiographs (x-rays).

Treatment

Many times no treatment is necessary and the swellings resolve on their own. Additional treatment may include:

•Antibiotics

•Puppies weaned

•Pain medication

•Surgical excision of one or more glands

•Ovariohysterectomy (spay)

Home Care

Limit stress and activity. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication might be able to be used after consulting with your veterinarian. Warm water or cold water compresses can help reduce swelling.

russian
01-08-2012, 09:28 AM
i still think its wrong my dogs tit looks like a old mans nut sack lol :(

Officially Retired
01-09-2012, 06:18 AM
LOL, on the nutsack thing, but a lot of bitches retain exaggerated swelling in the back titties.

Perhaps you can post a photograph, so we can see what you're talking about exactly?

Jack

russian
01-09-2012, 08:47 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/ ... dddddd.jpg (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/BUTCHERBOYDOGZ/missredddddddddddddddd.jpg)

Officially Retired
01-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Wow, that is bizarre.

Looks like an accumulation of fluid of some kind, but I can honestly say I have never seen that before.

Jack

russian
01-10-2012, 08:15 AM
THANKS BUD ,ANYBODY SEEN THIS?????OK I WENT TO EXAMINE VERY CLOSE SHE HAS A NIPPLE AT THE BOTTOM AND A NIPPLE ON THE SIDE OF THE SACK HANGING.I APPLY PRESSURE IT FILLS LIKE MILK IN IT AND, LOOKS LIKE 2 TITS INSTEAD OF 1,DO YOU THINK ITS JUST A FREAK THING?BUT SHE DOES HAVE TO TIT NIPPLES ON THE SACK.ONE ON IN THE RIGHT SPOT AND 1 ON THE SIDE OF THAT TIT .

QCKLime
01-12-2012, 11:42 AM
There's a chance she could have developed a hormonal cyst in one of her glands, which will only retain fluid (or retain MORE fluid) when she has an upswing in hormones. It doesn't appear to be inflamed or bothersome, I would have your vet try a fine needle aspiration and see what he comes up with.

russian
01-12-2012, 12:00 PM
NO SIR IT DOSENT BOTHER HER IT JUST BUGS ME LOL AND THE VET WONT LET ME BRING HER ,SHES VERY VERY MAN AGGRESSIVE AND ABOUT TO DROP PUPS,OUR VETS DONT LIKE BULLDOGS SO SHE SAID WAIT TILL AFTER THE PUPS R WEINED LOL

QCKLime
01-12-2012, 12:31 PM
:o Sounds like you need a new vet, ASAP.

russian
01-28-2012, 06:14 AM
nah she had seven boys 2 girls all doing fine it is a huge titty

russian
02-10-2012, 06:06 AM
well heres a update ,and jack this was very weird to hear you say u never seen it .so i said self if he hasnt seen it im prolly got a bad case of sumthing but!!!!!!!!!shes got 9 healthy pups 17 days old and that sack has a nipple on the side so the sack was full of milk i guess.after birth and a few days it was empty.now it looks like a empty ol mans nut sack lol.just wanted ya to know she and the pups made it.thanks all

loot
02-10-2012, 10:23 AM
good to hear. good luck with them