PDA

View Full Version : feeding raw ?

B.B. HAMP
04-02-2014, 04:43 PM
Looking for a guideline to feeding straight raw in a keep is it any different than u would feeding raw as a daily diet Bare with me new to raw just tryna get sum info from those who are familar with raw as I have never fed raw any help would be great..

Officially Retired
04-03-2014, 06:39 AM
Looking for a guideline to feeding straight raw in a keep is it any different than u would feeding raw as a daily diet Bare with me new to raw just tryna get sum info from those who are familar with raw as I have never fed raw any help would be great..

Hi;

Yes, you can feed the homemade raw diet I recommend for a keep.

However, I recommend feeding Nature's Variety Instinct (http://www.instinctpetfood.com/dogs) raw patties instead, just because it is already prepared, pre-measured, and more convenient ... which is helpful as your time is already limited by the work.

Jack

B.B. HAMP
04-03-2014, 06:42 AM
Ok thanks for the info jack...

Officially Retired
04-03-2014, 06:43 AM
Sure thing :)

EWO
04-04-2014, 03:06 AM
Lots of information out there. The link above is an excellent resource. When switching to RAW from kibble in keep is slightly different. It is all good, but watch for the dumps. The raw provides far better assimilation of the food than kibble and the dumps can get further apart and less dump than kibble. On my first 'all raw' keep I was use to feeding kibble base at night and then getting a big dump in the morning as we walked out first thing. The first time on raw I think we walked forever to get that first dump, and when it finally happened it was rather small. I was walking him out for a dump he didn't have.

Like I said, for me, RAW is better all the way around. I have found it much easier to dial in weight on raw because of the assimilation factor/less dump. Good luck. EWO

wrknapbt
04-04-2014, 04:25 AM
Lots of information out there. The link above is an excellent resource. When switching to RAW from kibble in keep is slightly different. It is all good, but watch for the dumps. The raw provides far better assimilation of the food than kibble and the dumps can get further apart and less dump than kibble. On my first 'all raw' keep I was use to feeding kibble base at night and then getting a big dump in the morning as we walked out first thing. The first time on raw I think we walked forever to get that first dump, and when it finally happened it was rather small. I was walking him out for a dump he didn't have.

Like I said, for me, RAW is better all the way around. I have found it much easier to dial in weight on raw because of the assimilation factor/less dump. Good luck. EWO

Good information and they need to understand that the raw fed animal will not drink as much water. I was talking to someone who thought their dog was sick because it did not want water.

Officially Retired
04-06-2014, 04:15 PM
:-bd

SZ82
05-16-2015, 07:29 AM
Are there any subtle signs to a dog being deficient in any nutrients while on raw? Been feeding rAw for two weeks now. Weight seems to be good, energy is good and coat is shiny.