PDA

View Full Version : ********* late or off heat cycles **********

the mad man
04-09-2014, 03:22 PM
I live in the north east and hunting small game such as coon,rabbit,squirrel and also large game mainly bear a old timer that run's beagles and cur hounds we got to talking as i was very impressed with his beagles. He told me of a combo he use's on bitch's that are late or have funky heat cycles.. he said he uses 8 day treatment of avacado and a product called m.s.m. it a fertiliy supplement u can get at any helth store such as gnc ... he said to cut a avacado in 4's and feed 1 of the pieces and take one pill pull apart sprinkle over avacado. And feed once a day for 8 day's and she will come in or start to come in by the 8th day. . Im reluctant to try it as ghe was kinda not all there if ya know what i mean. ... any ione ever hear of this interesting method of treatment???????

S_B
04-09-2014, 09:07 PM
MSM is not a fertility drug, although it is thought to help cleanse the female and bring about healthier cycles. I started using MSM in the late 90's, I had a house pet who had severe arthritis and hip dysplasia. I was turned onto it by a horse guy I ran into at the feed store, he'd been taking the powder form only found in an equine formula then for years himself. He swore by it for his arthritis, the guy was in his late 80's or early 90's, so I gave it a whirl. I was not disappointed, no more expensive rimadyl, and it worked until the bitch was like 11, then I had get a script from the vet, but she almost made it to 16, her hips and shoulders would have held out a few more years if cancer didn't take her out.

I found this article, you may find it helpful.

MSM, also known as methyl sulfonyl methane, is a compound found naturally in foods such as cow’s milk, meat, seafood, fruits and vegetables. MSM, methylsulfonylmethane provides sulphur, a vital building block of joints, cartilage, skin, hair and nails, and methyl groups, which support many vital biochemical processes in the body, including energy production. Since those early references to the benefits of MSM, its clinical use has become more refined. MSM is used for chronic pain, osteoarthritis, joint inflammation, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, bursitis, tendonitis, tenosynovitis, musculoskeletal pain, muscle cramps, scleroderma, scar tissue, stretch marks, hair loss, wrinkles, protection against sun/wind burn, eye inflammation, oral hygiene, periodontal disease, wounds, cuts, and abrasions/accelerated wound healing. MSM is the most concentrated form of Sulphur and contributes to glutathione synthesis. Sulphur and Glutathione are essential for removing toxins and helping the body in its detoxification processes. A lack of sulphur prevents the transport of free radicals, chemicals and foreign particles out of the cells, which, if not excreted, can lead to many allergic reactions such as Asthma, infections, headaches, fatigue and can impair on sperm and egg health significantly.

Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is also an organic sulphur compound with the formula (CH3)2SO2. It is also known by several other names including DMSO2, methyl sulfone, and dimethyl sulfone. It occurs naturally in some primitive plants and is present in small amounts in many foods and beverages.

MSM has a variety of health benefits that have been claimed and studied. Stanley W. Jacob is reported to have administered MSM to over 18,000 patients with a variety of ailments; he co-authored a book promoting MSM with a variety of claims, including its supposed utility as a natural source of “biologically active sulphur,” suggesting that people are deficient in such forms of sulphur in their dietary intake. There is no Dietary Reference Intake (DRI) or Daily Value established for sulphur and dietary sources are available in onions, garlic and cruciferous vegetables and in protein-containing foods, including nuts, seeds, milk and eggs.

The claims for the need for sulphur supplementation originate with Robert Herschler, a biochemist who patented “Dietary and pharmaceutical uses of methylsulfonylmethane and compositions comprising it” in 1982; he claimed that MSM was useful in stress, mucous-membrane inflammation, allergies and gastrointestinal conditions.

Since those early references to the benefits of MSM, its clinical use has become more refined. MSM is used for chronic pain, osteoarthritis, joint inflammation, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, bursitis, tendonitis, tenosynovitis, musculoskeletal pain, muscle cramps, scleroderma, scar tissue, stretch marks, hair loss, wrinkles, protection against sun/wind burn, eye inflammation, oral hygiene, periodontal disease, wounds, cuts, and abrasions/accelerated wound healing. It is either taken by mouth or applied to the skin for these uses.

Sulphur is responsible for the ionic exchange within the sodium-potassium pump in the cell. Sulphur is needed to maintain cell membrane permeability. This is important to ensure that nutrients are delivered into the cell and toxins and other waste products can exit. MSM is the most concentrated form of Sulphur and contributes to glutathione synthesis. A lack of sulphur prevents the transport of free radicals, chemicals and foreign particles out of the cells, which, if not excreted, can lead to many allergic reactions such as Asthma, ear nose and throat, infections, hay fever, headaches, fatigue and gastrointestinal problems.

Sulphur is a component of insulin, the very important hormone that regulates the uptake of glucose by cells for use as energy. A lack of sulphur can result in low insulin production or cell resistance to insulin which in turn brings about excess blood sugar leading to diabetes. Sulphur is also needed for thiamine and biotin which are also needed for normal carbohydrate metabolism. Sulphur plays a part in tissue respiration, the process whereby oxygen is used to build new cells. A lack of sulphur can lead to replaced cells being dysfunctional and causing serious health problems. Sulphur will help the immune system inhibit chemical carcinogens.

Sulphur is a required structural mineral found in the proteins of most tissues in the body such as the skin, blood vessels, organs, hair and nails. Sulphur makes up the flexible disulphide bonds within protein structure in tissues providing elasticity and movement. Sulphur is also necessary for healing and repair of these tissues from internal injury and free radical damage. MSM contributes to the production of ground substance (muccopolysaccharides) which keeps connective tissue intact.

An erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation can often be the cause for failure to conceive in couples. There has been some research into MSM’s use in preventing this.

Source: http://www.pillarhealthcare.ie/the-science/msm/

S_B

Nut
04-10-2014, 02:51 AM
Must be the advacado because iv been using MSM in a keep for 8 weeks, and a buddy of mine always uses it in his keeps, and the bitch never got in heat because of it.