PDA

View Full Version : ATTACHED TO PUPS!!!

Acesaun
04-24-2014, 01:38 PM
I recently just lost one of my dogs that I raised from a pup and I was really hurt and still is he was hit by a car he was one of them fools that love to chase cars. Now, i can count on one hand the dogs I've lost and was hurt by it. But I wonder if the way I feel is because I raised this dog from a pup. I know some of you guys and gals have been thew it and would love to hear some stories..

Nut
04-24-2014, 02:20 PM
Think the way you lost it plays a major part. Sorry for your loss

Bolioman
04-24-2014, 03:01 PM
Sorry for your lost, did you have him/her on a leash ?

Acesaun
04-24-2014, 03:47 PM
Think the way you lost it plays a major part. Sorry for your loss

Yea I think so too.. I could just see how it all went down...smh Thanks!!!

Sorry for your lost, did you have him/her on a leash ?

Thanks!!! He was on the chain.

ragedog10
04-24-2014, 04:46 PM
I keep a small yard and the hardest one's were the one's I raised from pups. I just lost my Sweet Pea 2yrs back and she was my all time favorite dog she was with me thru thick and thin for 10 years, always there when I needed her. Yis Ole Man

Eliman
04-24-2014, 07:59 PM
A loss is always a damper on moral around here.... But the ones who effect me the most are the ones who i went in the trenches with its hard to detach yourself from that bond.

Officially Retired
04-24-2014, 09:56 PM
Silverback was born on my bed ... the last pup out of his mama (who I raised by hand) ... and in addition to being one of the best dogs I've ever had ... he was THE most obedient all around house dog I ever had ... and the last direct offspring of either Poncho, Missy, or Ruby ... so that was a hard call to make when I put him down.

I've owned and bred several hundred dogs over the years, and if I could only have 1 dog to keep as an all around companion, super-looking specimen, and consistent producer he would be it.

Poncho was a great dog, and superior to Silverback in some ways, but he was an absolute pain in the ass to own.

EWO
04-25-2014, 02:53 AM
Sorry for your loss. The attachment to the special ones makes things tough when the inevitable arrives. My worst one...

Just as I got out of the service a buddy of mine had just imported a 5-6 month old Rottweiler. Just as he arrived, I was being discharged and he got unexpected orders to middle east. He asked me to keep the dog til he got back. He was a military policeman and all into the working dogs, bite work, obedience, police service stuff. I took the puppy home with me. This dog was so smart. He responded to casual conversation not commands or orders.

I did some bite work with him, got interested in that stuff and he eventually was titled as Sch. B. Bite work and obedience down pat but I could not get the tracking down. He was most definitely limited by me. He lived 13 years. Great dog. Luckily for me, he remained in the middle east for nearly two years (not so lucky for him), and by the time he got back I was offering whatever it took to keep him. He ended up letting me have him. Maybe the best companion I ever had.

The last weeks were tough as his mind/heart was telling his body to do things it could no longer do. Toughest trip to and from a vet's office I ever made. He was a special one.

Sorry for the loss. EWO