PDA

View Full Version : Made the switch...raw

BRICKFACE
05-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Starting yesterday I made the switch exclusively to raw...so far so good. Best thing about it, there is not one big goopie crap to clean out of the kennel yet...Usually right after eating kibble my boy craps...nothing yet!!:lol:

I'll give it a month and will post a follow up

evolutionkennels
05-02-2014, 05:03 PM
If there was a like button I would

Officially Retired
05-02-2014, 06:01 PM
1) That is one of the major advantages ... WAY less stool.

2) What are you feeding exactly?

3) :appl:

BRICKFACE
05-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Chicken quarters, turkey necks, chicken gizzards, beef liver, tripe, hearts, egg and yogurt. I'll alternate between fruits/veggies and oatmeal throught the week. I hope to also get scraps from the local grocery store and meat market if the price is right. I also give them krill & fish oil for omega3.

drz
05-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Chicken quarters, turkey necks, chicken gizzards, beef liver, tripe, hearts, egg and yogurt. I'll alternate between fruits/veggies and oatmeal throught the week. I hope to also get scraps from the local grocery store and meat market if the price is right. I also give them krill & fish oil for omega3.

Damn Brickface....they eatin real good! Hope all the hard work and good feed pays off...great job!

No Quarter Kennel
05-04-2014, 07:27 AM
You'll love it and never feed any other way
Very fortunate where i live. Tyson has a plant 7 miles from my home and sell all their products much cheaper out of their company store. I get 10lb bags of quarters for $5, no tax. So while the last time I bought a case at Walmart, it was 42.75 making my cost .85 per pound.......now I get em for .50lb. Huge savings over the long haul considering a feed 20lbs a day. I'm saving a min of 5$ a day, or $150 a month, or around $2000 a year.

Look for the good deals out there!

drz
05-04-2014, 01:08 PM
You'll love it and never feed any other way
Very fortunate where i live. Tyson has a plant 7 miles from my home and sell all their products much cheaper out of their company store. I get 10lb bags of quarters for $5, no tax. So while the last time I bought a case at Walmart, it was 42.75 making my cost .85 per pound.......now I get em for .50lb. Huge savings over the long haul considering a feed 20lbs a day. I'm saving a min of 5$ a day, or $150 a month, or around $2000 a year.

Look for the good deals out there!

Indeed....if you hunt game then that helps cut the feed bill down as well..