PDA

View Full Version : Female had pups has green discharge

MOTOR CITY
05-10-2014, 08:57 PM
My bitch had 5 pups today would like to thank CA JACK cause I read his post about assisting with delivery I successfully help get 2 pups out that she couldn't do by herself!! But now she has this green discharge!! Have never seen this before

cdj396
05-11-2014, 06:32 AM
do you think she has anymore pups in her if not sure TAKE HER TO THE VET ASAP TJ

Officially Retired
05-11-2014, 06:46 AM
I agree. I would take her to the vet for an xray (to make sure no retained pup) and an oxytocin injection (to flush any retained placenta).

If she was eating and nursing fine this morning, you can wait till Monday.

If she is not eating, or appears sick/listless, I would take her immediately.

Good luck, and glad some of the material here helped :D

Jack

MOTOR CITY
05-11-2014, 08:41 AM
She is eating and nursing good and drinking water she has had 2 bowel movements and is peeing regularly!! Her discharge is starting to lighten in color she is still panting every now and then!! Yes your info was very helpful!! Can I give her some antibiotics while the pups r nursing?

MOTOR CITY
05-11-2014, 08:43 AM
I felt and pushed on her stomach don't think she has any pups left in her didn't see her deliver the placenta sack after all the pups had came out!!

Officially Retired
05-11-2014, 08:54 AM
I felt and pushed on her stomach don't think she has any pups left in her didn't see her deliver the placenta sack after all the pups had came out!!

To repeat what I said above, with brevity

I would take her to the vet for an xray (to make sure no retained pup) and an oxytocin injection (to flush any retained placenta).

Officially Retired
05-11-2014, 08:55 AM
She is eating and nursing good and drinking water she has had 2 bowel movements and is peeing regularly!! Her discharge is starting to lighten in color she is still panting every now and then!! Yes your info was very helpful!! Can I give her some antibiotics while the pups r nursing?

Define "some antibiotics" ... there are many different kinds.

loot
05-12-2014, 07:44 AM
I would just take her to the vet. It's better to be safe then sorry. If you loose her most likely you'll lose the litter. Good luck