PDA

View Full Version : eggs

grindhard
05-12-2014, 09:06 PM
In general I know eggs are a high compond of protein butt is it good for dogs in general,I find myself trying to stay away from supplements at least with THIS hound I would be very very greatfull for any advice thanks

EWO
05-13-2014, 02:14 AM
They are a great source for protein. Some soft boil them, others drop them in raw. I feed them often.

If the dog is fed a quality diet and he has no serious health issues there is no real need for supplementation. If he is being worked hard then there is a need for the extras. If his diet includes good percentages of protein/fat/veggie/oils from good sources all should be fine. EWO

grindhard
05-13-2014, 07:31 AM
Thank you

CYJ
05-13-2014, 10:15 AM
Eggs are rich in natural sulphur, what some people take in another form, call MSM. Along with high quality protein, a egg is rich in sulphur that helps the joints and getting over the soreness and stiffness in the early parts of the keep. Best to give boiled and not raw. Raw eggs over time can create a certain vitamin or mineral deficiency. Which one and what I am no longer sure about. Given over no longer than say 12 weeks raw, may not be long enough to create a problem.

Usually one to two eggs is plenty enough. Little dog one and med to big dogs two. Cheers.

grindhard
05-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Thanks cyj