PDA

View Full Version : Looking for reg. Male gamebred dog weighing from 25 to 30 pounds

Foxman
05-24-2014, 07:08 AM
I'm not sure if this is the place for this but here it goes again. My Granddaughter and I are working on a project. It was her idea and she is a good girl. She has got me interested in her plan. We need a male reg. gamebred pitbull to try to raise small dogs out of. It probably will not work but I am going to try to help her. If anyone has a 25 to 30 pound Reg. male and you part with him. Please write me and let me know. There use to be hundreds of them when I was young. Not many around anymore. People have bred the game out of them and the small size out of them. With the Lightner stuff IO ue to have the small size was dominent. Also their were lots of small Colby dogs. Yet you don ot see them anymore. randyfox70@yahoo.com 405-288-6014 Please and Thanks you. Randy

Macker
05-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Wish I could help you out man, I have a couple of 27 28lb bitches but I'm in Ireland, it's a long way away, good luck in your adventure with your granddaughter.

CYJ
05-24-2014, 03:49 PM
Ditto Foxman. What we started out with was the smaller dogs. I liked them much better over all. Over time the dogs seem to have gotten bigger on the average. When I started with those Creel Eli/ Bullyson dogs. The dogs got big overnight. A lot of the Paladin dogs came big. I had two double bred Brother/Sister bred Jeep-Honey Bunch dogs that were whoopers at around 15 months old. Both were light golden tiger brindles.

It takes more skill to work smaller dogs than big ones. Much easier to over work. When I was looking at CA Jack's dogs, I was surprised to see how many were in the lower weights. But had a lot of dog for the weight. Along with gaminess first, that is one of the main key features whether they come big or small. I am around your age give or take, and that nice big young dog, you recently sold. Would be a handful for me to walk on lease, pick up and put down.

Just IMHO, I felt the smaller dogs were much gamer than the big dogs. One reason was they were highly athletic, fast, and could do much more damage to each other in a shorter period of time. Cheers

Black Hand
05-24-2014, 07:09 PM
Ditto Foxman. What we started out with was the smaller dogs. I liked them much better over all. Over time the dogs seem to have gotten bigger on the average. When I started with those Creel Eli/ Bullyson dogs. The dogs got big overnight. A lot of the Paladin dogs came big. I had two double bred Brother/Sister bred Jeep-Honey Bunch dogs that were whoopers at around 15 months old. Both were light golden tiger brindles.

It takes more skill to work smaller dogs than big ones. Much easier to over work. When I was looking at CA Jack's dogs, I was surprised to see how many were in the lower weights. But had a lot of dog for the weight. Along with gaminess first, that is one of the main key features whether they come big or small. I am around your age give or take, and that nice big young dog, you recently sold. Would be a handful for me to walk on lease, pick up and put down.

Just IMHO, I felt the smaller dogs were much gamer than the big dogs. One reason was they were highly athletic, fast, and could do much more damage to each other in a shorter period of time. Cheers

Were they gamer or do the big ones just face fatigue sooner?

Foxman
05-25-2014, 05:06 AM
I had several Lightner dogs back in the day that were outstanding little small dogs and most of them were real game. I use to see a few tiny Colby dogs to. I'm not sure the reason why lots of them little dogs seem gamer than the big dogs but it seem to me like they were a little gamer and some had big dog mouths. I know one thing for sure they are easier to keep and handle. It stands to reason all the added larger American nonpitbull dog bloodlines that were bred to the small early imported dogs had to hinder the gameness a little. Randy

loot
05-25-2014, 10:22 AM
I agree with you Foxman

CYJ
05-25-2014, 10:36 AM
Hello black Hand. This is not always the case. I have seen some big dogs that could get it on. Just that on the average it was mostly a bunch of push and shove and laying around. I never was a big fan for hanging around for up to three hours to see the ending. Very good and very well conditioned little dogs can go awhile also.

The little dogs are like watching two very good Game Cocks having at it. So much action and high intensity pressure is on both dogs with little let up. Some were so fast mouth, you only saw a blur. The little dogs are very entertaining and will keep you on the edge of your seat. Cheers

CYJ
05-25-2014, 11:08 AM
Ditto Foxman. One of the best breeding's I made was off Mayfield's Snake dog and my Young's Tina bitch. Tina was basically a Coplin/ Heinzl bloodline off his earlier dogs. Lot of Colby blood in them off Colby's Rifle and Colby's Dime. Some were pied colored like the Colby dogs and some red, black. and brindle. One male came black that I gave to Mr. Coplin, he named this pup Carolina Kid. V. Jackson campaigned all those dogs we had and did well with them.

These too were small dogs with athletic bodies and what I called those big Tudor heads. I reckon from the Tudor Dibo and his siblings that Heinzl used. Another feature these little dogs had was some really big teeth for their size and were hard pressure biters to boot.

By the time I started searching for some straight Lightner bred dogs of the latter strain, that was not the red nose variety. It was pretty well gone or any dogs living were pretty old. A dog man from N.C. and later living in Charleston S.C. named Scotty Todd. We were both in a race to find any existing Lightner dogs in S.C. or N.C. Since Loposay/Pete Sparks/ and Mr. Atlas Lamm had had some at one time.

Mr. Egan Skinner had lost all of his Lightner strain that had been crossed with the Cotton's Bullet dog. In my searching with the help of Sonny Shropshire. I got to meet Tar Heel Matt/ Joe Beal and some other N.C. dog men. I do not know if Matt is a member on here. But if I remember correctly he had a male Lightner bred dog, but was to old to breed to. If he read this post could add some good info.

Scotty Todd did find a little brindle lightner bred bitch or as much as could be got, named Mousy. Tar Heel Matt may have helped him in finding that bitch. Mousy was a small lappy eared brindle bitch. Mousy was bred and did produce a litter of pups off my Creel-Carver Chuck dog. When a dog man by the name of Williams from Charleston S.C. owned Chuck. I wanted to buy one of those dogs. Was kept top secret and do not know if Scotty took any back to N.C. with him. He later quit the dog game and became a Minister of a local church where he lived. Cheers

CYJ
05-25-2014, 11:41 AM
I had considered asking Mr. Mayfield if he wanted to sell the Snake dog. Since that breeding off my Tina bitch was so successful and I liked the smaller dogs. I was not to keen on a dog that would bite you and heard that Snake had been stopped. Later I heard Snake was sold to a black man in N.C. or Virginia and was like the Art dog never heard of again.

Don would not let us do any line breeding off Snake or Sunshine. Overtime Vernon's relationship with Don deteriorated. Even though Vernon paid the asking price for the last dogs V.J. got from Don. I believe Tina was dead before V.J. bought the Banjo dog bred from Snake. He would have been a good choice to try. We were left with half brother/sister breeding's with some good results. But nothing like that first mating.

The dogs were still coming on the smaller size, but were over time losing the good bone structure/big teeth and becoming to man shy for my liking.

I and Vernon was sitting with Don along with some other dog men only Don knew. In his back yard after he lost the match with his Easy bitch. That was beaten by Stinson and Glover using the Stepp's Ruby bitch. When he started telling us that Easy had been rubbed. That was enough for me and any future dealings with Don. I liked Mr. Mayfield and he was always nice to me in person or on the phone. Just that over time his nature from aging/sickness of the body, or what ever. He had mentally changed. Cheers

Foxman
05-29-2014, 03:13 PM
I had talked to Mayfield several times at the fights through the years. He seemed real nice back then. When he got older He talked to crazy and seemed like he was out of his mind. I do not know if it was an act or he had something wrong with him.

creek_bottom
06-01-2014, 06:00 AM
So is your plan simply to try and breed the smallest game dogs you can, or do you have some objective other than size in mind? Maybe if you could she a little more light on where y'all are headed with this you could find more people interested in parting with one.
Creek Bottom

creek_bottom
06-01-2014, 06:14 AM
So is your project simply to breed for small dogs or is there more to what y'all are wanting to accomplish?
Creek Bottom

evolutionkennels
06-01-2014, 06:56 AM
We have a real small gyp. Show quality

creek_bottom
06-01-2014, 10:39 AM
We have a real small gyp. Show quality

How's she bred?

evolutionkennels
06-01-2014, 04:51 PM
dirty maria on dtown bulldogs page

evolutionkennels
06-01-2014, 04:52 PM
sorry Rany.. i misred. i see you have posted male.

Foxman
06-01-2014, 05:26 PM
I'm going to pick up a little male tuesday. I had some people notify me about this and I finally made a decision. The people contacted me in private with a PM. I actually found a female and male at another fellows place that is close to me also. When I get a little more cash I will do that deal too. What is good about what I'm getting. They are good bred dogs and I can drive and pick them up because they are close. Randy

evolutionkennels
06-08-2014, 12:31 PM
http://www.machobuck.com/Swampbuck%20X%20Zelda.htm

Theres a little male in there that will be round 25 pounds. FEISTY.

http://www.machobuck.com/SwampxZelda.jpg

S_B
06-08-2014, 12:46 PM
http://www.machobuck.com/Swampbuck%20X%20Zelda.htm

Theres a little male in there that will be round 25 pounds. FEISTY.

http://www.machobuck.com/SwampxZelda.jpg

EVO, is that lil guy a littermate to the others?

evolutionkennels
06-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Yes... Ch. Gunner threw me two tiny dogs... Miss Gunner.. 32 pounds, and MrGunner 30 lbs... Swamp is normal ginger is ninormal, but every once in a while.. The tiny one comes out

S_B
06-08-2014, 12:58 PM
That's what I figured, no luck on my end with those unusually tiny ones turning out much less being without defect. Cute feller though! :)

Foxman
06-09-2014, 08:40 AM
Back in the old days some of the best dogs I had a fought were little dogs. Randy Fox

evolutionkennels
06-09-2014, 09:25 AM
Fast and furious.. Exciting shows. Like bantam weight boxing

Officially Retired
06-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Back in the old days some of the best dogs I had a fought were little dogs. Randy Fox

Barring genetic defects, little dogs are the most exciting dogs to watch typically. No there isn't the sense of raw power like one gets when they watch the heavyweights, but the speed, athleticism, and moves are without compare.

It's pretty much the same thing with humans: there's raw power at the heavyweights, but the speed, timing, reflexes, etc. are in the lighter weight classes typically.

Not to mention the most athletic human beings are gymnasts, and you don't see too many 6' 3", 250-lb gymnasts. Men this big are powerful, and may have good moves "for their size," but they would never make it as gymnasts.

The same is true for very large dogs: a very few might be athletic "for their size," but they are just not going to have the moves of the best 30 - 40 pound dogs.