PDA

View Full Version : raw diet for pups

txbadguy
08-11-2014, 11:52 AM
Switching pup to raw there was a video not to long ago where CA jack shows how to prepare the economical raw diet for pups and I can't find it does anybody remember what he did differently for the pups then adults

Thanks in advance

MEAUXTIVATION
08-11-2014, 01:56 PM
Good afternoon, I'm not too familiar with the video that Jack posted about feeding pups raw compared to adults. From my experience, I just took the raw diet that I was feeding my older dog and just broke it down into smaller portions for my pup. I didn't have a grinder so I just chopped up the chicken with a butcher knife. For example, I would cut a chicken back/leg quarter into smaller pieces, threw a couple of chicken hearts/gizzards with a egg, yogurt, and wheat germ oil or lard. Also, I added a multivitamin just in case if I was missing something. The guy I got the pup from was feeding kibble so as his last bag of kibble was running out I was gradually giving him a piece of gizzard or heart to eat. He switched over pretty easily. What ever you feeding the adults, I think would be fine for the pup. All you will need to do is grind up the chicken or chop it up into smaller pieces. That's just from my recent experience. Hope that help ya out brother. Meaux

bulldoghistorian
08-12-2014, 12:15 AM
I started feeding raw in 99
if you gonna feed the pup raw make sure the meat is minced or cut up in really small pieces, at least till he is like 3 to 4 months

Palooka
08-12-2014, 02:06 AM
the whole carcass chicken mince i feed would have very small pieces of bone in it, they can eat it from an early age with no bother, meat on the bone isn't a problem either and likewise can be eaten from an early age. 4 week old pups on full carcass rabbit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIPGww80Pxw&feature=youtu.be