PDA

View Full Version : stress in pups??

EarlyBird
08-31-2014, 07:06 PM
I Got an 8 Week Old Pup That Could Be Showing Signs Of Stress. She Is Starting To Eat Her Own Waste. I Am Up To Date On Worming And Shots, She's Eating And Drinking Fine. I Do Leave Her In A Kennel For Long Periods Of Time Due To Work But When I'm Home We Play With The Hyde And Run around.

Officially Retired
08-31-2014, 08:12 PM
I Got an 8 Week Old Pup That Could Be Showing Signs Of Stress. She Is Starting To Eat Her Own Waste. I Am Up To Date On Worming And Shots, She's Eating And Drinking Fine. I Do Leave Her In A Kennel For Long Periods Of Time Due To Work But When I'm Home We Play With The Hyde And Run around.

Outdoor or indoor kennel?

The dog is bored. It is a puppy and needs playmates.

Picture leaving a human child, all by itself, in a room ... and it has nothing to do in that empty room except when it shit in that room ... and that is all there is to play with ... it's own shit.

If you actually followed the advice I have painstakingly put in my book (and on this site) ... and #1 fed raw, and #2 had an above-ground pen with 1" space between the slats ... your lone pup would be shitting hard nuggets, that would fall between the slats, and your problem would be automatically solved.

So if you insist on keeping your pups on the ground, all alone, and (whether you kibble feed or not) if you are gone all day ... its own turds are pretty much all there is for entertainment :confused:

And even if it doesn't eat them, it would still be stepping in them all day long, which isn't much better.

That is why I give such advise, in my book and on this site, is to solve problems in advance.

But who listens? :-w

Jack

EarlyBird
09-01-2014, 07:58 AM
I Hear Ya Jack.

Officially Retired
09-01-2014, 07:10 PM
It's things like this we learn over time.

Cleaning shit off of pups is no fun for any owner.

It's not good for any pups to consume (or walk through) their own feces either.

I wish I would have known about feeding raw + above-ground pens 25 years ago ... would have saved me a lot of work (and several kennel deaths due to escaping).

I don't know if you have seen my video The Associated Benefits of Raw (http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/content.php?206), but I actually COMPARE the clean-up in feeding dogs raw in a puppy pen versus feeding them kibble. Here it is (it is worth :30 of your time to watch):

http://youtu.be/lvCwLmjGO5A

You will notice my kennel is IMMACULATE in the morning, when I feed my dogs raw.
Why? Because all their turds go between the slats :-bd

You will notice my kennel is COVERED IN PUPPY SHIT in the morning, when I feed my pups kibble.
Why? Because all of their thick, pasty turds STICK TO the slats, instead of bounce through them :-q

All I can do is put the best, most efficient methods possible out there ... it is just up to people to take the time to read/watch it ... and then see for themselves :mrgreen:

Jack

bamaman
09-04-2014, 07:44 AM
Jack.this is good.info coming through experienced eyes..I respect that.

Officially Retired
09-04-2014, 07:52 AM
Thank you.

Over time, doing the same thing over and over again, we learn ways to save time and do things better and more efficiently.

I wish I would have known about above-ground pens, and feeding raw, a looonnnng time ago :-$

LivewireT
10-01-2014, 07:24 AM
Just Got A New Pup And Will be switching her to Raw Today Gonna Start out with Chicken Drums and Veggies From My Juice Machine Thanks for All you Do Jack And Yes We Do Listen I am a Pit Bull Bible AMBASSADOR !!!!!

Officially Retired
10-01-2014, 11:38 AM
:-bd