PDA

View Full Version : September's SDJ

loot
09-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Have anyone received theirs for this month? Thanks

ragedog10
09-07-2014, 08:02 PM
It doesn't usually come out till around the 16th.

loot
09-08-2014, 01:05 AM
Thanks

loot
09-23-2014, 04:44 PM
Has anyone receive this months sdj e-zines yet. I sent 4 e-mails with no response. Thanks

BONEDADDY
09-24-2014, 05:29 AM
I received it yesterday. A little late but still good reading.

Lasse
09-24-2014, 06:13 AM
Loot, I didn't receive it either yet. But since I'm a subscriber of the printed version and don't live in the U.S. I'm not a critierion at all. I usually receive the current issue at the end of the month or at the beginning of the next month. I also checked his official web page http://www.sportingdogjournal.info/index.html but couldn't find any updates on whether he put out the September issue or not. Usually the current issue is listed over there as soon as it is available or the e-zine has been sent out.
Only thing I noticed during the last three years for which I'm subcribed to the SDJ is that the monthly issues are published always a wee bit late and not at the first of the month. Sad thing is that it's getting later and later every upcoming month. I don't know the reason for the increasing delays but for me one issue combining two months e.g. September-October 2014, like the original SDJ published by Jack Kelly was, would do it.
What I can nevertheless tell you is that I sent the editor two e-mails not long ago regarding change of address and a few other things and he also didn't answer. However due to the fact that the magazine was sent to my new address I know he at least took notice of the address modification whereas my questions stayed unanswered. That annoyed my a wee bit since when he doesn't have time to answer at the moment - which I understand - he could have at least told me that in one sentence.
What you can do is try to reach him through p.m. He is on the Pit Bull Bible forum too. His handle is SDJ2010

Hope this helps!

@BONEDADDY
Are you subscribed to the e-zine or the printed version of the SDJ?

loot
09-24-2014, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the info, I sent him a pm also with no response. Thanks again

loot
09-24-2014, 06:32 AM
I received it yesterday. A little late but still good reading.

Thanks Bonedaddy

Lasse
09-24-2014, 07:03 AM
That is not good to hear! That was my last hope that you will reach him through p.m. since I sent him the same e-mail to his second e-mail account after he didn't respond to my first e-mail within two weeks time. Outherwise I would have said try both of this e-mail addresses. But as I said due to the fact that he sent me the August issue to my new home I know he already took notice of my first e-mail which I sent him August 13, 2014.

Let's wait what BONEDADDY has to say. I don't know where he lives and whether he is subscribed to the e-zine or the printed version but you should have gotten your e-zine anyways because it's always "faster" delivered than the printed version.

Maybe you can ask Jack whether he knows of any other ways to get in touch with the editor when you shouldn't have received your e-zine within the next few days. Also please let us know as soon as you receive it. Thank you.

BONEDADDY
09-24-2014, 10:18 AM
@Lasse, I get the ezine. @Loot, no problem.

SDJ2010
10-15-2014, 01:19 PM
Look fellas, I read all my emails (sometimes more than 100 a day) and I try to send an answer but sometimes I just CAN'T do it, it would be impossible...sorry for the delay, it's because I'm running 4 different businesses (not dog related) all alone...oh, by the way, the new issue is almost finished! I have some good stories about Gr Ch Grip, Ch Bishop and a great intrerview with Coy, the Texas Ironman...and lots of other stuff!