PDA

View Full Version : 16 months old bitch still not in heat

KAIRO
09-10-2014, 11:05 PM
What are yours expirience. Which was the latest your bitches come in heat for the first time???

Nut
09-11-2014, 02:46 AM
I just bred a bitch on her first heat at 18 months old.

scratchin dog
09-11-2014, 04:41 AM
My bitch had her first heat at 2 yrs old.

wolverine
09-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Almost every female i've raised came in first time at about 14 mo., but probably not uncommon for some to go a little longer.

KAIRO
09-11-2014, 09:20 PM
She still act like a pup, no dog agresive, no cat agresive... Maybe she will start after first heat????

Officially Retired
09-11-2014, 10:11 PM
The most important piece of advice I can possibly give is ... relax ... and allow nature to take its course :)

Dogs come in as early as 6 months ... and as late as 2.5 years ... that is all considered "normal."

Some bitches come in heat every 4 months ... most every 6-8 months ... and a few every year +.

Allow your bitch to be herself; she will come in when she comes in.

What's the emergency?

Jack

Officially Retired
09-11-2014, 10:16 PM
My own bitch, Amazon, is just now "turning on" ... at coming up on 3 years.

I haven't bumped her yet, but I can tell she's ready: pulls like holy hell at all animals now (before, she ignored them).

She has never been aggressive toward, nor (really) even interested in, other animals.

But now, she digs, and she digs deep, when she sees other critters ... no prompting from me, nothing.

It is actually quite fascinating just to "watch" your dogs: study them, learn their behaviors.

Every dummy wants to force-start their dogs at 1 year, and/or breed them when they first bleed, but I think it's much more interesting to allow them to (and watch them) develop on their own, as individuals.

Jack

KAIRO
09-11-2014, 10:34 PM
Tnx everyone for advices. Here on balkan area people are selling one year old dogs because they are "cold". Few days ago I saw guy who is selling that one year old "cold" dog, it is stupid, that dog is realy good bred from real game dog parrents..

BigEazy
09-12-2014, 03:19 AM
I had one that would bleed very light and didn't swell when her cycle started. I had to check on her every two weeks for blood because she didn't swell. Her heats are also irregular because she may not come back in heat two years from now. I hope she is from your personal stock. Being worried about a heat cycle so early on in her life.

Nut
09-12-2014, 03:29 AM
She still act like a pup, no dog agresive, no cat agresive... Maybe she will start after first heat????

I have a 3 year old female who's doesn't show any interest to other dogs on the street. She would play with em.
But when's she goes to work you will see a whole different type of dog.

16 month is young.

Officially Retired
09-12-2014, 05:47 AM
Tnx everyone for advices. Here on balkan area people are selling one year old dogs because they are "cold". Few days ago I saw guy who is selling that one year old "cold" dog, it is stupid, that dog is realy good bred from real game dog parrents..

That is actually a very good opportunity for you to get your hands on some great dogs, cheap, because of the incredible ignorance of others.

skipper
09-12-2014, 06:02 AM
Remember a few years back when a young Sany boy was offered to the public, Cheap. Some lucky/smart guy bought the dog and now he is known as Gr ch Sany boy. Beating 2 ch's on his way to earn his title.

Officially Retired
09-12-2014, 07:07 AM
Remember a few years back when a young Sany boy was offered to the public, Cheap. Some lucky/smart guy bought the dog and now he is known as Gr ch Sany boy. Beating 2 ch's on his way to earn his title.

Just like that, yep :lol:

KAIRO
09-12-2014, 07:13 AM
Gr ch sany boy is from serbia, i think now is in quatar ABK KENNEL I saw few match of him, he is an ace.
CA Jack I was in temptation to buy that dog but he is sold allready for 500€ (650$)..

Black Hand
09-12-2014, 08:21 AM
Plenty of great dogs given away for practically nothing because they were said to be cold or curs because they simply were not ready.

Officially Retired
09-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Gr ch sany boy is from serbia, i think now is in quatar ABK KENNEL I saw few match of him, he is an ace.
CA Jack I was in temptation to buy that dog but he is sold allready for 500€ (650$)..

Somebody jumped on it.

Keep in touch with the person and you may still have access :)