PDA

View Full Version : Performance enhancers that are claimed to be a rub.

Nitaino
09-14-2014, 11:50 AM
What appreciate any information on how an injectable steroid can be considered a rub.

CYJ
09-14-2014, 01:26 PM
A rub is something applied on the skin or outer part of the dog. Could be on the handler's shoe or lower pants leg like Bitch urine. Before or during a dog show to hinder a dog from it's best performance. Or to make a dog quit pulling and get counted out or disqualified. Like a Nicotine Sulfate rub.

Some people that enter dog weight pulling shows do use a steroid keep to enhance the performance of their dog. It is not considered a rub. A steroid is applied into the muscle by injection or by mouth in tablet form. Some may use, say testosterone in a gel form. Even the lowest strength in gel form may be to much for a dog.

Unless one stipulates in the weight pulling contract that nether dog is to have been given steroids in the keep. Which no one could prove unless a blood test is done before or after the weight pull event. It is a moot point. Who is going to do all that and involve a licensed veterinarian at the show site.

I personally only knew a couple that incorporated a steroid keep successfully in their dog training keep. The # one person was Ozzie Stevens. His steroid keep may have been published later in some of the older dog magazines. The dog conditioners that put a real severe and hard keep on a dog. Were some that probably used a steroid keep along with a good basic feed keep.

You will get all sorts of arguments pro and con for a steroid keep or not. Unless one knows a dog conditioner that knows the in and outs of using a steroid. Best not to do, and left alone. Will do more harm than good. Today getting such steroids like Winstrol V or Anavar, from a licensed Veterinarian may be nearly impossible.

If one has in their possession any type drugs, like various steroids listed to be used only by a licensed Veterinarian or M.D. That alone is enough for Johnny Law and Susie Humane Dyke Society to have a field day with you. If they chose to get a search warrant to go onto your property and dog yard.

It is best to learn how to do a solid natural keep. Way back when, those who wanted to find out about the latest steroid keep to use. Were many times, just looking for a no work, short cut keep. Not willing to put in the full 60 to 90 day type keep. So called Dog Men that basically just wanted to gamble with no real concern for the dog. A lot of OTC dog pulls turned into the magazines as a won weight pulling event. Cheers

gotap_d
09-14-2014, 01:58 PM
Cyj I know you probably didnt mean any harm but i think it would be best if we wouldnt name types of rubs or methods. Jmo.

Nitaino
09-14-2014, 02:59 PM
There was a article in a journal some time ago were they claimed trenbolone was used as a rub. Now there is a difference between trenbolone aka Finajet and Finaplex. Not trying to put anyone out there but there are alot of misconceptions on what actually will make a hog pack it in and an injectable steroid won't do that. Just wanted to here other peoples opinions on the subject.

Black Hand
09-14-2014, 03:02 PM
Cyj I know you probably didnt mean any harm but i think it would be best if we wouldnt name types of rubs or methods. Jmo.

I'm pretty sure everyone has heard of those already.

CYJ
09-14-2014, 06:34 PM
Ditto, Don Mayfield wrote a article in one of the older dog magazines. On how to make up a soap and 100% grain alcohol mix. That would dissolve any type of rub that has been mixed with a silicone base material etc. Along with a proper rinsing method with milk.

Near the end when I left the dog game. It had become a joke on how Referee's were picked at the last moment. No one with a rule book on the Cajun rules. Nothing discussed on scratch time/out of holds etc., before any dog show pulling began. No instructions given to the group around the dog show ring on proper conduct. The handlers use to be given cover all's of correct size with no sleeves and all pockets sewed up. The pulling corners only had your opponents on each side to watch you and keep anything being handed into the show ring to you. Same for the other guy.

Some even stopped using two sponges and two water buckets. Only one bucket and sponge, with the dog up for the next weight pull getting the sponge. It literally over time broke down to a three ring circus act with too many thrill seekers. Was more hollering and hooping than at a College football game. Was why one night I had to stay all night in a damn swamp full of alligators. Nearly falling head long into a two story deep canal full of water. Was in a unknown swamp woodland and was so dark you could not see your face in front of your hand.

Right before the dawn, I made it to a hay field full of old wreaked cars and something glowing brightly. In the dark it all looked like Sled or a Swat team was camped out in tents. Had a Coleman stove burning and cooking something.

I crossed over a broken down fence and surrendered to I thought a Swat or Sled unit. Only to find out I had surrendered to a bunch of old wreaked cars and a night light shining off a old moon hub cap. LOL Funny now but not back then. That broke me of attending any multi weight pulling dog shows. Cheers

CYJ
09-14-2014, 07:00 PM
I said all that above to say this. Do only one dog weight pulling show at a time and never the same place twice. Keep it at the lest five to ten aside. No gate money and leave out the concession stands. With smaller groups you will be dealing with mostly serious dog men. Will be a lot less chance of being rubbed or any other type of foul play. A thrill seeking gambler, if knowing where one is going to walk their dog. Can throw out some tasty hot stuff on the ground or in the grass. Hoping your dog will eat a tid bit to help his odds of winning a big bet.

Have all matters of rules/a qualified referee/judge etc. picked and settled before the weight pulling or dog showing begins. Get er done quick as possible and get gone quick as possible. No chatting over the airways but only face to face of how the show went. Sorry fellows it is time to go deep, deep, underground.

Seeking too much glory today or the hanging out with too large a crowd. Will get one a fast trip to the big house. I know a good dog man that just contacted me to say farewell. Getting out of the dogs. His ex wife out of revenge has turn him over to the local Sherriff. Told me he will have to get a lawyer, that does not sound to good. No Cheers for any of that.

FrostyPaws
09-15-2014, 06:23 PM
There are no performance enhancers that are claimed to be rubs.

Nitaino
09-16-2014, 07:22 AM
In the SDJ of May 2011 there is an article written that was supposedly rewritten from an article ten years earlier by Beat Down Kennels in the AGDT that claims otherwise. The article is about Finaplex and which is made from Trenbolone. So there still are people who don't know how to figure it out or read between the lines that the compounds are not the same. If anyone wants to see the article just get me an email address or some digits and I will send you the article via text message.

FrostyPaws
09-16-2014, 08:42 AM
Finaplex itself, wasn't the issue. People were saying the use of DMSO to get the finaplex into the dog was creating a rub, which is horseshit. DMSO is absorbed through the skin. It doesn't just sit on the dog, hanging out, waiting for an unsuspecting animal to put it's mouth there.

Secondly, I've seen a dog on that finaplex regiment LOSE in about 40 minutes, and the only thing being rubbed that night was the ivory on his ass. :)

S_B
09-16-2014, 09:25 AM
Agreed, it has been repeated to us that a rub was used. Simply not true, the playing fields were level as both used the same thing.

The better dog won that night plain and simple.

@Frosty

Officially Retired
09-16-2014, 09:44 AM
Why would somebody bother to use Finaplex and DMSO on a dog?

I have heard of it being done before, but what specifically is the purpose of this, if not as a rub?

It is certainly not a natural thing to do ...

Whether it "works" or not is another issue, but was is its intended purpose?

Nitaino
09-16-2014, 11:24 AM
Trenbolone if used properly will give a definite performance enhancement. The basis of its use was for feed efficiency in cattle and also give serious gains in strength. If your bulldog recovers faster and more adequately absorbs his nutritional intake its going to give you an advantage in conditioning. Remember the question was an injectable steroid. Finaplex is in a pellet form and has glues and emulsifiers to get it to that state. The DSMO was supposedly used to help introduce it into the hounds system but was actually a poor mans fix becuase didn't have the knowledge to extract the Trenbolone out it.

Macker
09-16-2014, 11:34 AM
Is a side effect of trenbolone not high cholesterol and a shortness of breath (tren cough)? I always considered trenbolone pure poison, good for muscle mass not for wind.

Nitaino
09-16-2014, 11:46 AM
The problem is the quantities used not the actual compound. Most have the belief that if a little is good more is better and that is were the problems start to show themselves. You can't use Trenbolone alone it must be stacked and in certain ratios. Trenbolone is a poor source of muscle gain but it does keep your bulldog from consuming his tissues when in a long and hard dance. That was the purpose for its use in cattle that traveled in trains to keep them from losing weight while being shipped cross country on minimal feed.