PDA

View Full Version : Saw Dust

CRISIS
10-07-2014, 02:42 PM
just came across this ad on craigs list, im wondering how it would do in the bottom of kennels and to keep chainspots dry during the winter...

how bout it fellas, what do you think? good idea or will it just make a mess..... ill be picking it up tomorrow, if all else fails it would serve its purpose in the chicken coop...

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/zip/4701812994.html

bulldoghistorian
10-07-2014, 11:40 PM
it does create a lot of waste , especially since it swells up to enormous size and tends to keep that urine smell

Bolioman
10-22-2014, 05:23 PM
I hear rock dust is a better option, hope that helps.

CRISIS
10-22-2014, 06:59 PM
yeah, DG would be ideal. i decided against the saw dust for the dogs because i didnt even think about the fact that they'll probably breathe it, and ill bet that would is treated. the think about rock dust (decomposed granite) is that im in a camry, and to fill one spot id probably need a truckload. im looking to fill 3 spots. so in order to get that done, id have to have them deliver it. which ill probably end up doing next spring. in the meantime.... looks like im looking at a muddy winter....lol

Mudville
10-23-2014, 06:57 AM
@ least you ain't in Mudville....lol. Now that I live in a newer part of town it's not so bad. But my old neighborhood people would know where your from by your shoes. In winter they're Muddy, and in summer they're dusty. Lol

bamaman
10-24-2014, 11:27 AM
@ least you ain't in Mudville....lol. Now that I live in a newer part of town it's not so bad. But my old neighborhood people would know where your from by your shoes. In winter they're Muddy, and in summer they're dusty. Lol

You like the Jeffersons muddy .Moving on up ! Lol jk ..Yea sawdust seems like it would be a mess , I haven't tried it .

Mudville
10-24-2014, 03:08 PM
You like the Jeffersons muddy .Moving on up ! Lol jk ..Yea sawdust seems like it would be a mess , I haven't tried it .

LOL 1 step @ a time Bama. First the hood, then the burbs, next stop the Boonies.....can't wait.