PDA

View Full Version : Ovulation ?

YVK
01-12-2012, 03:09 PM
I have a female that has been ready to breed around the 15-17th day of 2 separate heat cycles. one confirmed by the vet(bloodwork and vaginal cytology) and the other by camelot farm premate test. is it safe to breed in this range in the following heats or is it known to change cycle to cycle?

Crofab
01-13-2012, 04:33 PM
If she is ready to be bred on those particular days, then those are the days in which you should breed them. My experience has usually been that once a female has a cycle, it stays pretty normal barring any unforseen circumstances. As they get older, their cycles tend to get a little more squirrely, but if she's a rather young female, I'd breed on those particular days or start a couple of days before.

Officially Retired
01-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Just to throw a fly in the ointment, I had the opposite experience with Hot Tamale.

When I got her back, she ovulated on Day 7 of her cycle ... and the next time she came in I waited, and tested, and waited, and tested, and waited, and tested, and FINALLY she ovulated on Day 21 :shock: :?

I bred her two days after the test told me to, on Day 9 and Day 23, and I got pups both times (to Duke Nukem and to MuscleHead).

Jack