PDA

View Full Version : the day of truth, no show.

kjardin80
01-11-2015, 12:42 PM
8 week keep , the day of truth a no show but found a replacement. should one return to work or continue to rest. replacement is for the following week

Black Hand
01-11-2015, 12:49 PM
Only you can know that. Nobody knows how hard your dog has been worked but you. Better to be well rested than over worked.

kjardin80
01-11-2015, 01:04 PM
being satisfied with the level conditioning at this point 8 weeks but will the level diminish with an extra week of sitting idle. if anyone can share past experiences whether first hand or not.

Nut
01-11-2015, 02:05 PM
it depends how long u rested the dog already?

gotap_d
01-11-2015, 02:44 PM
I look at it like this if my dog diminishes after a week off the i didnt have him in any kind of shape. Just my opinion.

kjardin80
01-11-2015, 02:53 PM
dog last work day was monday so i one chose to rest it would be a total of 11 days idle.

kjardin80
01-11-2015, 03:03 PM
first one he was overworked but pulled it out in spite of owner,35 min the other jumping box after being on top for 30. he was given proper rest this time by being on a 4day on 3day off approach. he just took this approach so much better.

Nut
01-11-2015, 03:08 PM
its already monday again. think id just take it on an hour walk for 3 more days, maintain muscle condition. then rest. no more mill or hard work. but thats just personal. agreed with black hand

kjardin80
01-11-2015, 03:08 PM
I look at it like this if my dog diminishes after a week off the i didnt have him in any kind of shape. Just my opinion.

I'm asking because sometimes if you take a long rest without hitting the gym you come back not so much as out of shape but more out of rhythm.

loot
01-11-2015, 03:13 PM
Just keep the dog fresh. I would just hand walk the dog maybe a mile or so. Good rub down, and be around the as much as possible. Good luck

kjardin80
01-11-2015, 03:14 PM
thanks to everyone who chimed in and to others who will

EWO
01-12-2015, 12:05 PM
I had a forfeit paid and a postponement by one week as well. I got the word on the Wednesday prior to the Saturday night show. I did a normal hard work day on that Friday, Sat. and on Sunday. Rested Monday and worked again on Tuesday to get back on to the 'regular schedule' of finishing on Tuesday, going thru the motions on Wednesday and then dialing in from there.

A lot of different opinions on how to bring one in when on schedule but last minute changes can be tough to make a call. It is basically a call only you can make because you know your dog. The idea is to peak work, rest and be ready for peak performance on Saturday. If something changes, it is not the dog's fault so if he does not react well to the change I would not send him out there half-cocked.

Mine worked out well with my adjustment but they are all different. EWO