PDA

View Full Version : Please Don't Be Mad! :)

Officially Retired
01-14-2012, 12:11 PM
I have had a couple of people get hot at me for not "immediately" responding to their requests :cry:

Please understand I am working my @$$ off, not just with blog entries and articles, but with designing and building a whole new Pedigree Database, with features unlike anything ever offered before ... so I am *real* busy :mrgreen:

Therefore, please don't take it the wrong way if I do not respond immediately to some PM or post you make. It's not that your request isn't important, it's that I have many things going on so it is only fair to realize that these fingers of mine can only type and address one thing at a time ... so kindly make this allowance and give me some breathing room and time to respond :)

I try to get to everything within one day, but I am human and sometimes miss stuff, and the overall "big picture" of what I am working on is mainly what I am focusing on right now. So please try to be understanding of this ... as it is a lot of work :shock:

And, I promise, it will be well worth the wait and a little patience :ugeek:

Cheers,

Jack

shake-em!
01-14-2012, 01:42 PM
You've got your plate full and folks have to remember that--ultimately--you don't have to do this! I'm glad you do. Thanks for all that you do "publicly" Jack!

Officially Retired
01-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Sure ... and thanks for being onboard ... this is only the beginning 8-)

FACE203
01-15-2012, 07:16 AM
Don't forget your Sunday rule... I don't wanna see you posting on Sunday... Handle your other business :shock: :lol: 8-)

Thanks for everything, you do... From your line, to the breed in general... Keep scratchin

Officially Retired
01-16-2012, 02:45 AM
You're welcome and I appreciate the well-wishes 8-)

Unfortunately, our "Sunday Rule" isn't in effect much these days, and probably won't be until the database is up and running, and I have this whole website presence the way I want it :twisted:

Jack

FACE203
01-16-2012, 03:46 AM
I am excited about it! I know its gonna be sweet :mrgreen:

bluebeard
01-17-2012, 04:19 AM
jack, now you know everyone wants instant gratification.... make um wait.... LOL... just kidding. i know you're working your butt off. sometimes there's just not enough hours in the day.

Officially Retired
01-17-2012, 04:27 AM
There really aren't enough hours in the day :cry:

Yesterday, I got up and started working at 3:24 am ... and I didn't get to bed last night till about 11 pm :shock:

As when I made The Pit Bull Bible, I basically worked round the clock to get it done, falling asleep at the computer sometimes, and I would take naps, only to get up in a few hours and keep working again ... on and on this went, until I got 'er done.

As Face mentioned, Tina and I have what we call our "Sacred Sunday," where all phones and internet connections are turned off on Sunday, so we can just spend 100% of the entire day together with no outside distractions at all (unless we go out and do something together) ... but even these last few Sundays have been put on hold a bit for this project :evil:

It'll all be worthwhile in the end though ... yet, in some sense, the work will never end ... but at least the bulk of it will be handled and implemented :ugeek:

Jack

bluebeard
01-17-2012, 04:41 AM
well i commend you on your work. you can tell when someone is passionate about their job and when someone is just going through the motions!!!!

Officially Retired
01-17-2012, 06:26 AM
Thank you :)