PDA

View Full Version : Wondering

LEFTLANE
03-16-2015, 08:42 PM
I recently registered some dogs with Ed Mullins. I got the papers back and Ed had a breeding "SLIGHTLY" different than the ADBA. I like the way Ed had it more and i trust ed more than the ADBA..... what is your alls thoughts on something like this?

Macker
03-17-2015, 02:41 AM
Did you contact ed and ask if it was a misprint? If not ask him to shed some light on the subject for you, obviously he knows something the adba don't..

CYJ
03-17-2015, 07:16 AM
What does the pedigree on your dog mentioned show? What dog is in question on your pedigree? Do you have it entered on this site? I would like too among others see what change was made by Ed.

If Ed Mullins does not have access to the UKC and ADBA records or absolute personal info from the breeder of that particular dog. Changing a pedigree maybe too, make it look better or less scattered bred. Would be a moot point.

Earlier I had posted a little more than was asked for. After some after thought I reconsidered my position and edited those comments out. Not that I felt my statements were not true, only that Mr. Beal has long passed. Mr. Joe Beal like Mr. Orbie Coplin was a great friend to me. Hopefully Mr. Beal's son in law whose last name was Reynolds got all of Mr. Beal's books and magazines back from Ed Mullins.

Hard not to get in the flesh at times, like when Project X got something controversial going that in the end helped no one. Plenty of that going on over on that other site. I have to remember what my recently deceased mother told me in my younger years. If you can not say something nice about someone. Best if at all possible to say nothing. I miss my mother she was much wiser than I will ever be. If my earlier post on this matter offended anyone. I apologize. Cheers

CYJ
03-18-2015, 11:05 AM
Leftlane post the pedigree of mentioned dog. I have a pretty good knowledge of past pedigrees and some of those older bred dogs of the past. No one can give a true opinion one way or the other without seeing the pedigree.

UKC and the ADBA are still the Gold Standard to cross reference any pedigrees of today. IF a same , said pedigree is registered in the UKC and ADBA. There is a different pedigree conflict. I prefer to go with the older UKC pedigree unless the actual breeder steps forward and contacts both registries and makes the correction.

An example would be Williams' Paladin. This dog has a UKC registry that conflicts with the ADBA registry. I and some other notable dog men that saw the original UKC papers on this dog. Williams for what ever reason, since he basically just liked to show dogs. Never got the matter corrected. The only way that matter will ever be settled is if someone produces a good picture of J. Carver's Sach Mo dog and R. Hyde's Satch dog.

Like Mr. Teal taking the true breeding of Bass' Red Boy's sire to his grave. Maybe he did not know according to one story pertaining to his Teal's Tramp dog being the sire of the Red Boy dog. Let it be noted, Bass actually called Red Boy; Bass' Tramp Red Boy.

Hey, show us this pedigree change by Ed and see where it goes from there. Cheers

LEFTLANE
03-19-2015, 06:53 PM
http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=5274 adba has it like this. Ed has it as Ram Red bred back to his mother Red Tina to produce Running Man.

CYJ
03-19-2015, 08:05 PM
Ditto Left Lane. I looked at two other sites. They show Johnson's Red Tina as the dam of Johnson's Ram Red/Roughneck's Cracker/ and a Sista Girl entered by a person as DL on the On lines pedigree site. But no Warren's Running Man. Warren's Running Man is shown like the ADBA shows your pedigree on those sites.

I would double check with Ed why he made that change, could be a honest error. If the ADBA is the older pedigree would leave as is. I am pretty sure Garrett and Crenshaw used the ADBA for registering their dogs. How much Katie Marlowe used the ADBA I do not know. She had started another pedigree registry of her own for a good while. She may have stopped running it by now and shut it all down.

While out in Florence S.C. shopping, I have bumped into Katie time to time. If I see her again will ask if she still has her registry. If Katie is with her husband will not talk any dogs. Her husband cares nothing for them. Cheers

LEFTLANE
03-19-2015, 08:30 PM
Thanks cyj but im not even worried about which way is correct. I like the dogs and thats all the matters right now