PDA

View Full Version : Gambler's GRCH Virgil ROM dogs

wrongway
01-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Who has some good stuff down from this dog? Not just his name a million times in a ped. Im talking about the dogs that carry and produce the traits that made these dogs so good. Intelligence, ability & FINISH(throat style)

HOGBIZ
01-15-2012, 03:57 AM
I've got sons and daughters of Virgil crossed to Chinaman / Bolio and another to Six Bits stock that have produced well, finished the comp, and could have CHed out IMO had I placed them in the proper hands. I have not made a half brother - sister breeding in years, but do plan on doing one soon as the gyp is getting up there in age.

I did breed her to one of my J-R-RB males who just made 11 yrs and it seems to have took, dogs are to be used as real hog dogs to hunt real hogs in the real woods, but they would work in any comp they were placed into. The ped would seem scattered to most if you don't know how to read peds, but they would only have Virgil as the Granddad on the bottom side.

Who has some good stuff down from this dog? Not just his name a million times in a ped. Im talking about the dogs that carry and produce the traits that made these dogs so good. Intelligence, ability & FINISH(throat style)

wrknapbt
01-15-2012, 04:26 AM

LOVE what I got from this bitch.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/pictures/334184.jpg (http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Pedigrees&file=printPedigree&dog_id=334184)

wrongway
01-15-2012, 06:30 AM
I've always been interested in these dogs but as of late I've decided to really learn about this line before I purchase 1 or breed to 1. I've spoken to numerous people and they all basically say the same thing about these dogs and that's that they are very smart, athletic, perfect confirmation, intense and love the throat!!! Know is all about finding the right source of this blood. Some people breed them to make pretty peds and some breed them true to the family traits.

Any good producing studs out there?

JustDogIT
01-15-2012, 11:38 AM
If you want gambler's virgil blood why not just get one from the gambler?

wrongway
01-15-2012, 12:09 PM
He doesn't have anything available and doesn't do alot of breedings

Dre21
01-15-2012, 02:33 PM
When he does, you better bring a couple of stacks if you want a prospect. His animals are really, really nice and they mean business too. Been to his spot a coulpe of times and had a great time!!

CULLENDOGS
01-16-2012, 08:53 PM
http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/mo ... c&t=165293 (http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=165293)

HOGBIZ
01-17-2012, 01:59 PM

When he does, you better bring a couple of stacks if you want a prospect. His animals are really, really nice and they mean business too. Been to his spot a coulpe of times and had a great time!!

SwampDweller
01-20-2012, 04:09 AM
I've always been interested in these dogs but as of late I've decided to really learn about this line before I purchase 1 or breed to 1. I've spoken to numerous people and they all basically say the same thing about these dogs and that's that they are very smart, athletic, perfect confirmation, intense and love the throat!!! Know is all about finding the right source of this blood. Some people breed them to make pretty peds and some breed them true to the family traits.

Any good producing studs out there?

Go to the source! Gambler still has them... although, if he doesn't know you well, you might not get the litters he breeds for himself; there's always 1 or 2 that he'll part with.

Dre21
01-21-2012, 10:32 PM
He just had a nice size litter today!!

wrongway
01-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Can someone with the knowledge list the pros & cons of these dogs

Dre21
01-22-2012, 01:15 PM
You just named the pro's in your initial comment of this post. Every line has flaws, good luck finding many with this family.

wrongway
01-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Jus making sure all the info I was giving on these dogs was accurate

Jaystreets
01-23-2012, 03:39 PM
i would only get this blood from Gambler...

wrongway
01-23-2012, 05:48 PM
I know HCK has some of these dogs but I can't get ahold of her. Called her a few times but no answer. HOGBIZ has some well bred Virgil dogs though.

homegrownheard
05-17-2020, 07:08 AM
I got a buddy that is getting one straight from the Gambler. It is now 2020 so whats yalls outlook on the Gamblers Virgil dogs?