PDA

View Full Version : E-Mill

mmound
05-21-2015, 11:23 AM
What are your views on e-mill in keeps. Doing it by miles or hours.And speed .

Black Hand
05-21-2015, 10:20 PM
Tried one in place of hand walking because there are a lot of stray dogs where I lived. Just decided to put my dog in a car and drive to the orchards where I didn't have to worry about it. The few weeks of e-mill VS the weeks of hand walking, it's really no contest. Especially for a hard pulling dog. If your dog will run one... I guess the only real benefit is that you can get one for free on Craigslist. I just got a bike instead and an attachment that goes from the bike to the dog harness or collar so I can hand both hands on the bike and just worry about steering. E-mill is like last resort to me from the work out, to the surface, having to modify it... If you bought a nice one you could've used that money on something a little better.

loot
05-22-2015, 03:23 PM
I use the e- mill when the weather out side doesn't allow me to hand walk. That way I don't miss a day of work. It's not as good as a normal walk but I beleive something is better then nothing .

EGK
05-27-2015, 01:55 AM
In my experience the emill doesn't benefit every dog. If your dog is a laid back worker and will fall in the gate speed you set then it can be great. If your dog digs and wants to run ahead of the clip it can hurt them. I have used an emill with great results. I have also had bad ones. You have to watch the dog work with an emill and know if it's hurting or benefiting you.