PDA

View Full Version : Gyp bleeding after being bred whats up with that ?

bullyson
06-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Jack or any one else.. has anyone ever had a bitch drip dark red blood after being bred? Ive been breeding these dogs for over 20 yrs and this is a new one on me . it stopped after a couple minutes but its got me pretty worried ! Help!!!

Officially Retired
06-08-2015, 01:54 PM
Sure.

It was an injury to the bitch, either the male was too big for her, hit her at an odd angle, or she has something wrong inside her.

Jack

bullyson
06-08-2015, 02:07 PM
must be the angle thing she was on a stand and was twisting and turning. like i said it stopped in a couple minutes and shes not bleeding anymore. we did get her hung a few hours later tho. Has this ever happened to any of your bitches ? Should i continue with breeding her ?

bullyson
06-08-2015, 02:08 PM
I forgot to mention we got her hung off the stand.

Officially Retired
06-08-2015, 02:29 PM
must be the angle thing she was on a stand and was twisting and turning. like i said it stopped in a couple minutes and shes not bleeding anymore. we did get her hung a few hours later tho. Has this ever happened to any of your bitches ? Should i continue with breeding her ?

Yes. I've had it happen. You can tell right away it's not the "period" blood, but is the result of an injury.

To be safe, you could give her cephalexin (at the approved dosages) to prevent infection.

I would breed her again, just realize that it might not be very comfortable for her, so she might "fight it" all the more ... making it worse.

I personally hate breeding stands, and (if it's that much of a worry/hassle) always recommend AI Breedings (http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/videos.php) over using a stand.

Jack

S_B
06-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Yes, like Jack said it does happen when a bitch is injured (tear), if the bleeding subsides nothing to worry about.
I also hate stands but have come to appreciate them when you have a male that doesn't appreciate the task! :lol:

S_B

bullyson
06-08-2015, 02:47 PM
Thanks guys u been a big help!!!

Officially Retired
06-08-2015, 03:03 PM
I can get any bitch bred AI faster, and with 10x less hassle, than anyone using a stand.

All-day, every day.

Jack

PS: AI Equipment = $15

Breeding Stand = $300-$500

bullyson
06-08-2015, 03:26 PM
You dont have to tell me twice! I will be studying your video tonite. Thanks jack All the info im getting from your book and this site has been well worth the money i have spent. I received the termidor a couple days ago and went and picked up some tea tree oil and has already help[ed an older dog of mine with a skin condition she stopped scratchin and licking the affected area already. Thanks again bro....

Officially Retired
06-08-2015, 03:53 PM
:D