PDA

View Full Version : (((MARRIED TO THE GAME??)))

Dre21
01-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Having these dogs when you're married can cause a huge pain for the spouse (if she's not into the dogs much). Anybody have any stories on how they "converted" their wives over to the love of these dogs? Or is your wife/girlfriend just as into these dogs as you are? This should be interesting!!

SICKBOY
01-18-2012, 04:53 PM
i would suggest going to some conformation shows. Espicially if you have kids get them involed and if they enjoy it the ole lady will also. Tell her once or twice a week that you would like her to go with you while your walking one a mile or so. Basicly involve her with the dogs a little but dont make her your kennel partner

QCK23
01-18-2012, 05:03 PM
My situation was actually the opposite, my woman is the dogger. I had no idea when we started dating she had pitbulls (I'm ashamed now to say I thought the ugly blue hippos was what she was talking about the first time she told me she had some). If any of you have seen SoCoLime you know she would be the last woman you'd expect to be into dogs. I was fine with it until we started living together because you don't realize how much of your life revolves around the dogs until you are with them 24/7. Her dogs almost broke us up several times until three things happened ...... 1. I realized i wish i had a fraction of the passion for anything that she has for her dogs 2. We compromised on how many she had at one time and how we kept them and 3. I took the time to investigate and take an interest while she has taken time to share information and explain pedigrees and such

I found the more she explained and the more I learned on my own the more I enjoyed it. Now it has become something we can share, we lay in bed at night looking at peds and old sporting dog journals, we work the dogs together, and discuss strategy of future breeding. My advice to anyone is to try and share your passion for these dogs with your spouse. I know it wont be the dogs being kicked to the curb it'll be the human that goes every time.

H.B.K.
01-18-2012, 05:51 PM
I tried and tried to get my wife involved into these hounds and went about it at every angle and nothing worked. I guess u have to lay the law down be4 anything gets serious cause my relationship is ending as we speak. I'll never leave these hounds and they will never leave me

Officially Retired
01-18-2012, 06:19 PM
When I was in my 20s and 30s, I was pretty much partying in my spare time, and I quickly clashed with every single girl I dated over the dogs. It was my way or the highway with most things, and few women can take being "second" to anything, let alone a bunch of combat dogs.

I got hooked with a young, blonde vet tech when I was in my early 30s, and I really thought she was going to be "the one" ... and I put forth a lot of effort into the relationship ... but eventually even she couldn't take being "second" to a bunch of damned dogs either and split. After that last heartbreak, I said no more, and I went through a period of about 10 years where I stayed alone, and only with my dogs, because I was sick of the endless hassle that dogs and relationships tended to bring. The way I looked at it, dogs always stay happy and loyal, while women seldom do. I didn't have to "explain myself" to any dog, I could do what I wanted without incident, and no matter what happened the dogs were always in my corner. As the old joke goes, "Unlike a woman, the later you come home at night the happier your dog is to see you." :lol:

However, after trimming the volume of dogs I had down from 80 to a more sane 7 animals a few years ago, I wound up getting into a relationship again, and this time I have slowed down (and am mature enough) to actually consider another person's wishes than my own---although it wouldn't be possible to have a relationship if I got too much bullshit over the dogs. Sure, Tina and I have had an argument or two over the dogs, but for the most part it's been smooth-sailing. If anything, Tina can't stand it when I sell any of our pups, because she doesn't think anyone is going to care for them at the same level she and I do. She actually helps me with everything I do, rather than hinder me, so it has been pretty nice for going on 3 years now.

Juggling the dogs and a woman, in a serious relationship, is never easy. The dogs take so much time and devotion to care for properly, that unless your woman is really behind you (and at least loves the dogs, not necessarily the sport), she won't be able to take "being second" to the dogs. No woman can. So unless she shares your love for the dogs to some degree like you do, sooner or later one or the other (the dogs or the girl) has got to go.

However, if you're lucky enough to land a good woman, who's really behind what you're doing, it makes everything you do a thousand times better than if you're doing it alone.

Jack

lilpitgirl
01-18-2012, 06:50 PM
for me they are everything( exception my kids) and have been for the last 20 odd yrs though I must say my husband was the one who introduced me to them and I have been smitten ever since some times I think he wishes he had never cuz I done gone crazy lol so some people think

01-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Having these dogs when you're married can cause a huge pain for the spouse (if she's not into the dogs much). Anybody have any stories on how they "converted" their wives over to the love of these dogs? Or is your wife/girlfriend just as into these dogs as you are? This should be interesting!!

divorse :D

Officially Retired
01-18-2012, 06:54 PM
for me they are everything( exception my kids) and have been for the last 20 odd yrs though I must say my husband was the one who introduced me to them and I have been smitten ever since some times I think he wishes he had never cuz I done gone crazy lol so some people think

Hats off to a 20 year dogwoman!

Not many of those around :ugeek:

Choctaw
01-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Easy come, easy go! A woman will go, before the dogs will. It's just that simple. Like the song goes, "99 problems, but a ***** aint one."

Dre21
01-19-2012, 12:57 AM
I saw the STP yard video when he was selling Bad Rosemary and I remember his wife saying "I don't get involved with them." I though "WOW, must be nice!!"

wrknapbt
01-19-2012, 04:19 AM
I went to the Middle East for a year and my wife was left at home to take care fo the dogs while I was gone. This woman is one of the biggest researchers when it comes to proper care and feed for the dogs. She takes part in putting them thru keep and she also shows in ADBA shows. SHe is my road buddy when we make long trips we have many great conversations about dog training and theory.

Officially Retired
01-19-2012, 04:21 AM
I went to the Middle East for a year and my wife was left at home to take care fo the dogs while I was gone. This woman is one of the biggest researchers when it comes to proper care and feed for the dogs. She takes part in putting them thru keep and she also shows in ADBA shows. SHe is my road buddy when we make long trips we have many great conversations about dog training and theory.

Lucky man, congratulations!

Runner
01-19-2012, 04:25 AM
One thing I can say...this dogs are very smart and they know how to break peoples heart...anyway this breed is a way of life!

Lightning Strikes
01-19-2012, 05:47 AM
Yea I have been with my soon to b wife a lil over 10 yrs n 70% of our fights/arguments have been over dogs lol we have a 14 month old son n now another on the way 2 days ago she say hell I'm chopped liver now I come after our children n like after ur third favorite dog ! I laughed n told her that's not true I kno she feels like that bcuz like jack said if u take care of em properly then its very very time consuming but over all my lady is very understanding of my obsession lol my dogs have been my bestfriends since I was a 6 yr old boy I'll never divorce my hounds n she knows that as well whenever I win a purse I just simply give her her share to do whatever she wishes so the time away from her she atleast has something to look forward to goodluck fellas its tough juggling all that n to a woman involved with the hounds for 20 + I take my hat off to u wish there were more out there

Jaystreets
01-19-2012, 03:44 PM
married to the dogs, always and forever.......

Ipk
01-19-2012, 10:07 PM
I think this thread and hottest dogwoman thread jinxed me. Read these posts earlier and was planning on contributing to both these topics... Thought I had made a lover of the dogs out of my woman... WAS GOING TO BRAG!
30 minutes ago I received a call from her telling me she was moving out. WOW! Didn't see that one coming.
My advice: hope for good luck

Plywood
01-19-2012, 11:05 PM
women will always be bitches and man will always be dogs.lol

I'll never leave the pack behind, 'till death do us part.word

Officially Retired
01-20-2012, 03:46 AM
I think this thread and hottest dogwoman thread jinxed me. Read these posts earlier and was planning on contributing to both these topics... Thought I had made a lover of the dogs out of my woman... WAS GOING TO BRAG!
30 minutes ago I received a call from her telling me she was moving out. WOW! Didn't see that one coming.

Wow, I am sorry to hear that my friend.

I know we've had our differences, but that is no fun to go through: to think you have one thing (but in reality you have another). Maybe it would be worth it just to just sit her down and ask directly, "What is wrong exactly and what can be done to make it right?" So all may not be lost.

Ultimately, however, this kind of thing is what makes humans so unpredictable: secret thoughts. A person, no matter how seemingly-sweet and no matter how they appear to be on the outside, can always be thinking "secret thoughts" on the inside to the contrary. This is what makes TRUST such a hard thing to come by. Only after many years of doing what they say they'll do, and coming through for you despite any adversity, can any person truly be trusted. And there are not a lot of people who can pass that test over time. This is what makes anyone want to take their hat off for truly good, longterm relationship they know of. They're tough to come by!

The dogs what they are: honest and direct, which is why a TRULY game dog holds so much value. Yet even the rankest curs don't have "secret thoughts"; they never plot anything against you. They are what they are and they do what they do.

Good luck to you & hope things work out for the best,

Jack

the_reala
01-20-2012, 06:07 AM
i know this feeling all to well i have had do just every thing u guy & lady,s have mention& tried envoling every 1 my kids loved them the my ex wife didnt so & few girlfreind later im still single,married to the game lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ipk
01-20-2012, 08:46 AM

Wow, I am sorry to hear that my friend.

I know we've had our differences, but that is no fun to go through: to think you have one thing (but in reality you have another). Maybe it would be worth it just to just sit her down and ask directly, "What is wrong exactly and what can be done to make it right?" So all may not be lost.

Ultimately, however, this kind of thing is what makes humans so unpredictable: secret thoughts. A person, no matter how seemingly-sweet and no matter how they appear to be on the outside, can always be thinking "secret thoughts" on the inside to the contrary. This is what makes TRUST such a hard thing to come by. Only after many years of doing what they say they'll do, and coming through for you despite any adversity, can any person truly be trusted. And there are not a lot of people who can pass that test over time. This is what makes anyone want to take their hat off for truly good, longterm relationship they know of. They're tough to come by!

The dogs what they are: honest and direct, which is why a TRULY game dog holds so much value. Yet even the rankest curs don't have "secret thoughts"; they never plot anything against you. They are what they are and they do what they do.

Good luck to you & hope things work out for the best,

Jack

Thank you for the advice jack.

Her and I had eight years between us (sure we had some rocky points.) But for the most part she was VERY supportive... bummed out...

Poncha will probably enjoy sleeping in the bed again though and she always loves me no matter what...

Officially Retired
01-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Thank you for the advice jack.
Her and I had eight years between us (sure we had some rocky points.) But for the most part she was VERY supportive... bummed out...
Poncha will probably enjoy sleeping in the bed again though and she always loves me no matter what...

If you really care about someone, it's no fun going through that, especially if you're blindsided and had no idea.

Best of luck to you, whichever way it goes, and always make the best play you can with whatever cards you're dealt.

Jack

PS: And, yep, good dogs always stay with ya :mrgreen:

Ipk
01-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Thank you for the kindness jack... I appreciate it!

tirofijo04
01-21-2012, 01:37 PM
My gf and I are having major issues over the dogs. She does not understand that these dogs are a major part of my life. When we started dating she was ok with them but now that she is pregnant she is telling me that she does not agree with me keeping them on a chain or in a run. I love her but I am finding myself between a rock and a hard place because I will not give up my dogs. She waited until she gets pregnant to tell me she has a problem with the dogs. HOW ABOUT THEM APPLES...

TIROFIJO..

R2L
01-21-2012, 01:44 PM
always the same with woman right, of course they're gonna be ok with everything you do at the beginning, then slightly trying to take control of EVERYTHING

Patch
01-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Can't say I'm married to the game yet but we're dating lol. My lady is a pain in the rear when it comes to the dogs. She complains a lot over minor vet bills(to which she does not contribute) and a whole host of other dog related expenses. Hope things will change but I won't hold my breath.

Officially Retired
01-21-2012, 07:03 PM
There are two types of people in this world: those who help you and those who hinder you.

Life is short;
There are many women;
Only invest your time with a woman who is truly in your corner helping you achieve your goals, and build a great life together;
The rest are a waste of time and emotions, if not a disaster waiting to happen.

Jack

goodblood
01-22-2012, 09:26 AM
IF YOUR SPOUSE HAS AN OPEN MIND AND A UNCONDITIONAL LOVE FOR YOU SHE'LL TOLERATE YOUR CHARGES. IN MY CASE IN THE BEGINNING SHE COULDNT UNDERSTAND HOW A STINKING TURD EATING DOG COULD CONSUME SO MUCH OF MY TIME. SHE BEGAN TO BECOME SOMEWHAT INVOLVED AFTER SHE UNDERSTOOD THIS IS A MY CRAFT AND I WANTED TO BE THE BEST AT IT. SHE ACTUALLY BOUGHT ME MY FIRST QUALITY DOG IN 1995 AS A GIFT. SHE STARTED TO BE HANDS ON WITH A LITTER OF PUPS AND IT BECAME A GUILTY PLEASURE FOR HER.SHE WAS THERE WHEN I TOOK A YOUNG PROSPECT TO SCHOOL THAT SHE WAS HANDS ON IN RAISING, AND TOLD ME SHE WAS QUITE PROUD OF HIM. THOUGH WE AREN'T TOGETHER ANYMORE AND SHE ISNT INVOLVED IN BULLDOGS SHE STILL WISHES ME LUCK IN MY FUTRUE DOGGIN. SHE WAS A KEEPER. DIDNT KNOW HOW, BEING IMMATURE TO BALANCE HOUNDS AND HER. I'VE LOST A FEW GOOD WOMEN BECAUSE OF MY HOUNDS AND LOST A FEW GOOD HOUNDS BECAUSE OF MY WOMEN. AND DAMN I MISS THEM...THE HOUNDS OF COURSE.LOL

Officially Retired
01-23-2012, 08:12 AM
IF YOUR SPOUSE HAS AN OPEN MIND AND A UNCONDITIONAL LOVE FOR YOU SHE'LL TOLERATE YOUR CHARGES. IN MY CASE IN THE BEGINNING SHE COULDNT UNDERSTAND HOW A STINKING TURD EATING DOG COULD CONSUME SO MUCH OF MY TIME. SHE BEGAN TO BECOME SOMEWHAT INVOLVED AFTER SHE UNDERSTOOD THIS IS A MY CRAFT AND I WANTED TO BE THE BEST AT IT. SHE ACTUALLY BOUGHT ME MY FIRST QUALITY DOG IN 1995 AS A GIFT. SHE STARTED TO BE HANDS ON WITH A LITTER OF PUPS AND IT BECAME A GUILTY PLEASURE FOR HER.SHE WAS THERE WHEN I TOOK A YOUNG PROSPECT TO SCHOOL THAT SHE WAS HANDS ON IN RAISING, AND TOLD ME SHE WAS QUITE PROUD OF HIM. THOUGH WE AREN'T TOGETHER ANYMORE AND SHE ISNT INVOLVED IN BULLDOGS SHE STILL WISHES ME LUCK IN MY FUTRUE DOGGIN. SHE WAS A KEEPER. DIDNT KNOW HOW, BEING IMMATURE TO BALANCE HOUNDS AND HER. I'VE LOST A FEW GOOD WOMEN BECAUSE OF MY HOUNDS AND LOST A FEW GOOD HOUNDS BECAUSE OF MY WOMEN. AND DAMN I MISS THEM...THE HOUNDS OF COURSE.LOL

:lol:

Realmobb
01-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Make sure they Know who you are B4 you get Married!!

AGK
01-28-2012, 05:24 AM
I use to have to always argue over the dogs with every woman I've ever been with but now a days I refuse to. They don't have to like the dogs, just realize they were here first and will be here after should things not work out. If they don't agree then they can exit through the same door they entered from... Life's too short to not pursue ones own happiness.

TFX
01-30-2012, 04:15 PM
My honeymoon in 96 was 9 hours away to an ADBA show, along with a couple of performance shows on the same weekend. I guess if that didn't set things straight from the get go, nothing else would have. ;)

Ipk
01-31-2012, 01:46 PM
My honeymoon in 96 was 9 hours away to an ADBA show, along with a couple of performance shows on the same weekend. I guess if that didn't set things straight from the get go, nothing else would have. ;)

WOW! VERY NICE AND VERY LUCKY!

Officially Retired
01-31-2012, 02:38 PM

:lol: