PDA

View Full Version : WCC Deacon ROM

CandB
07-05-2016, 06:31 PM
I was told recently that WCC still has some vials off of Deacon still frozen. Does anyone know if this is true? If not, who has some good PROVEN producing Deacon studs?

FrostyPaws
07-06-2016, 05:01 AM
The only dog he froze semen from was Ch. Reno. There is no semen off Deacon. As for Deacon studs, there are some out and about I'm sure, but I wouldn't know where to point you in that direction.

CrazyRed
07-06-2016, 11:13 AM
For a good price I'm pretty sure you could get some folks to say they have straws off Jeep, Carver's Pistol and Ch Yellow John

CandB
07-07-2016, 03:39 PM
If they had the DNA paperwork as proof then fine. BL had the dog and was known to collect them for the future. So that (as shakey as it could be) I would trust as much as I could. I lost his contact info years ago and haven't had much need to go off the yard. Then I heard that, so I figured I'd inquire. I was told he has frozen off of Reno, Rocky and Deacon.

FrostyPaws
07-07-2016, 04:00 PM
I've dealt with BL on a close, personal basis for almost 20 years. I've had sons of Deacon, Reno, etc. We've had those discussions about collecting before, and his reasoning was if he couldn't get the quality dogs off of them when they were alive, why would he worry with it when they were gone? The only dog he has semen from is Reno, and I don't think it's a lot of that either.