PDA

View Full Version : Garner Bar-B-Que event

CYJ
07-12-2016, 08:22 PM
Got a invite from Garner this week to his Bar-B-Que get together. Will be on July 30th. I plan to go, hope to see some of you ladies and men there. Cheers

brokeback
07-12-2016, 08:32 PM
I won't be there, a bit too far of a drive for me. I'm sure it will be a great time. Enjoy yourself and be safe traveling.

CYJ
07-12-2016, 09:34 PM
Ditto, May be my last long drive to anywhere. Going to see how well I do. Want to ride out to Texas to see my old dog partner of many years back. In better health and a newer truck. Will try to get in contact with Middleton. He might want to double up and take turns driving. Cheers

FrostyPaws
07-13-2016, 02:35 PM
Ditto, May be my last long drive to anywhere. Going to see how well I do. Want to ride out to Texas to see my old dog partner of many years back. In better health and a newer truck. Will try to get in contact with Middleton. He might want to double up and take turns driving. Cheers

That sounds like a fun ride regardless of who you are! haha

EWO
07-13-2016, 02:53 PM
I'm trying to exchange a shift or two to make it. Won't know until Sat. or Sunday. Will be my first at TG's.

EWO

That sounds like a fun ride regardless of who you are! haha

creek_bottom
07-15-2016, 03:44 AM

What part of Texas are you going to try and go to?
Creek Bottom

S_B
07-15-2016, 04:35 AM
CYJ,

I'd Ike to meet up with you on your trip, we were supposed to meet your old partner this summer but due to unforseen circumstances it hasn't happened. Anyhow I know some folks who are tight with him I'm told so maybe we all could make a trip for a visit?

S_B

CYJ
07-15-2016, 07:18 AM
Ditto S_B. If I decide to take that trip to Texas would be in the late Fall or early winter. I have experience that Texas weather in the summer. Is not for me anymore especially at my age. LOL Last time I was out there in the Dallas area some years back. Had to keep some bottled water with me around the clock. The air was so dry I felt like a soda cracker. LOL From my house to Jackson's house is a straight shot west on I-20 interstate highway. Is a long drive though.

Probably going to be around a three hour drive just up to Garners. Want to try that first and see how well I handle it. The Truck I bought was a company owned truck. Has some sort of speed control factor built into the system, can only go 65 mph tops before a alarm beeper goes off. Until I get some info from a Ford Dealer,afraid to disconnect. May shut down the whole computer system on the truck. No problem riding around in my local area.

Will let you know if I do decided to visit Jackson. The way all us older timers are checking out,who knows who might be next. Was planning to try and find Spruill and visit Jacob in the fall. Frank is now gone and I do not know where Spruill is today. Cheers

EWO
07-29-2016, 03:26 AM
I'm planning to make it tomorrow. I had to split a shift. I'm going to leave work and go back afterwards.

EWO

cdj396
07-30-2016, 07:29 PM
hello this tj from around ROCK MOUNT NC where r u located at thanks tj

EWO
07-31-2016, 03:11 AM
I'm in Middleburg. US1 and I85 near the NC/VA line.

EWO

cdj396
07-31-2016, 08:37 AM
ok thanks

EWO
07-31-2016, 09:17 AM
Are you still breeding the heavy Snooty dogs? down from Hoppy/Bonus?

CYJ
07-31-2016, 12:23 PM
Well Fellows I made it to Tom's pig picking. Was very surprised to see so many dog persons there. Quite a turn out. The only draw back,it was just to hot. A mid October get together would have been much nicer.

Was very glad to meet EWO and friends. Talked with Mr. Don Divine, had not seen him in over thirty years. Spoke shortly with Harry Hargrove. Got to meet a young dog man but older now, from years back. His name was Chris and still had some dogs bred down from his Sally Cat that was off my Young's Winchester x Young's Sally. Told me that Captain Ben took some of Sally Cat's pups over seas and did well with them.

Sorry if I missed anybody. Lord willing, hope to make the next get together or next dog show that is within a resonable driving distance. Cheers

BRICKFACE
07-31-2016, 03:17 PM
Sounds like a good time. I'm planning on hitting up a few shows every year. May stop into next years BBQ

EWO
07-31-2016, 04:35 PM
I enjoyed the conversation and true, it was way hot. We chased the shade all day and it was a fleeting shade at that.

I will try to hit a couple more this year when the weather breaks. For whatever reason, the dog show people manage to schedule everything on the weekends I work. Amazing how that works.

The TG event was worth the drive.

EWO