PDA

View Full Version : Any stories about dogs in this Ped?

QCK23
01-19-2012, 07:21 PM
I was looking for anyone who had first hand knowledge or had heard a story about any of the dogs in this ped http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/mo ... _id=308504 (http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=308504)

She has always been my favorite dog on the yard ever since I bought her for my girl almost 2 years ago, she crack stops around and thinks she is the baddest bitch on the planet. I'm starting to be more hands on and want to know about her ancestry so if anyone knows about some of the dogs in this ped or knows a link that contains some good info I would appreciate yall helping a newbie out.

H.B.K.
01-19-2012, 07:25 PM
All i can say is u have a really nice bred hound and if ur women isnt a bulldog women she might quickly become urs.

QCK23
01-19-2012, 07:32 PM
All i can say is u have a really nice bred hound and if ur women isnt a bulldog women she might quickly become urs.

she is a bulldog woman for sure, who do you think found the hound...i was just the money man :mrgreen:

drz
01-20-2012, 06:02 AM
I like the bottom side of that ped. Lots of talented dogs in there who also threw talented dogs.

R2L
01-20-2012, 06:28 AM
im sorry if its not allowed, just some historical info imo.

The stolen legend BOUDREAUX` ELI

Eli was the product of the breeding efforts of Floyd Boudreaux. He was heavily bred on Floyds all time favorite dog Blind Billy. When Eli a 2xw was bred to Mr. Boudreaux' Spook, another Blind Billy breed dog, the outcome was to change the sporting community forever. Three famous names that come to mind from the Eli/Spook breeding are: Eli Jr., Bullyson, and a bitch named Brendy.

Boudreaux' Eli is without question one of the most famous of modern dogs from the 60's era. He and his sons Eli Jr. (sire of Gr. Ch. Art.-grandsire of Chinaman, Stompanato, Crenshaw's Ch. Rascal etc.) and Bullyson (sire of Ch. Honeybunch, Midnight Cowboy and Chivo, Loposay's Buster etc.) were used to create lines of their own and those in turn have spawned even more good lines of bulldogs. There is hardly a line of good dogs today that cannot trace its lineage back to the Eli dog. He was a product of inbreeding on Boudreaux' old Blind Billy dog (Dibo X Minnie) with some Trahan's Rascal (Dibo's half brother) blood thrown in, both good Tudor/Corvino bred dogs. I believe Mr. Boudreaux is still producing some fine dogs and I have talked to dog men who wouldn't have one from anyone else. Mr. Boudreaux has been breeding these dogs for over 35 years and has produced some of the best ever to look through a collar. The perfect southern gentleman and devoted family man, he is a real credit to the dog game and an excellent role model for the aspiring young dog man .

Eli Jr. was a fantastic 2xw himself and sire of one of the greatest dogs of all time, the 7xw Gr.Ch. Art. Art was unfortunately stolen and never recovered. Before Art was stolen the breedings made with him produced a high percentage of quality game dogs and enough to make Art an 'ROM' producer. Just to imagine what Art could have produced if he wouldn't have been taken is enough to boggle the mind. Art had a litter brother who was an exceptionally talented dog in his own right, the 3xw Ch. Hurt. Bullyson was a 2xw, 1xL and another fantastic producer. Bullyson's only loss was to one of his sons Benny Bob. Benny Bob subsequently lost to Jimmy Boots in a classic match. Bullyson's legend as a producer can be found in many dogs, but his most famous offspring has to be the 5xw Ch. Honeybunch, the all time leading 'ROM' bitch. Honeybunch subsequently produced the 4xw Ch. Jeep. Jeep now ranks as the number one 'ROM' dog to this day and literally deserves to be covered in a story alone.

Other famous Bullyson offspring are Loposay's Buster 'ROM', and the ever so famous Midnight Cowboy. Brendy when bred to her brother Eli Jr., produced P. Carver's Black Shine. Shine subsequently produced the legendary 8xw, 1xL Ch Rascal, Oso Negro a brother to Rascal, and the world famous P. Carver's Stomponato. Rascal when bred to Honeybunch produced the 3xw Polly, who in turn was bred to Jeep's father the 6xw, 1xL Ch. Bo 'ROM', thereby producing the great 7xw Gr.Ch. Outlaw. Another famous Eli bred dog was the 5xw Gr. Ch. Nigerino.

APRIL 28, 1968
Sixth Match:
JACK SMITH VS. FLOYD BOUDREAUX
Males at 38 pounds.
Cajun Rules, Howard Teel, Referee
Pete Sparks, Timekeeper
Jack is using a red dog called Bozo said to have been bought by Sonny Sykes from Jerome Hernandez. Floyd is using a black which he calls Eli. The black gets the first hold as Bozo gets skin hold in throat. Black is getting into the throat of Bozo as Bozo works the ear trying for a shoulder.
$50 to $25 bets being made. Bozo the favorite. Black is showing good and working for Bozo's throat. $500 to $250 being offered. All the dog fighting in the previous match is being wrapped up in a ten-minute space of time in this fight. Black gets in Bozo's throat at 14, then Bozo throws one leg over the black's shoulder, gets an ear and throws the black dog. Bozo gets a shoulder and shakes and the black dog gets a mouth hold and gets him off.

Black up at 15 and into the throat. The black comes up and the bets shift to even money as both dogs are working the shoulders and front legs. Bozo gets the nose and shakes at 21. Changes to a hind leg, gets stifle and shakes. Bozo is working front leg. Back to mouth fighting at 25-minute mark. Bets getting hard to get at even money as first one then the other gets on top and gets nose and mouth. The black acts as though he has shot his wad. Bozo has opened up the black's front leg and the black is weakening. Story is that the black has heartworms. 38 and a pick up, Bozo to scratch. Made determined scratch, gets a front leg and the black goes into Bozo's neck. 40 a pick up, black scratches hard. Bozo gets nape of neck and the black goes down. At the 45 minute mark Kenneth Chandler says, if the little black dog don't win, his children will go hungry for a week. 54 a pick up, Bozo to scratch. Made determined scratch. 57 pick up with black to scratch. Trotted over and took hold, gets an ear and Bozo goes down. Bozo makes a good scratch at the one-hour mark. One minute later the black makes a good scratch and Smith gives up the fight. Black makes a good courtesy scratch. Eli is the winner in one hour and one minute.

NOVEMBER 9, 1969
JACK SMITH VS. JUNIOR
Males at 37 1/2 pounds.
Cajun Rules, Leo Kinard, Referee
Jack is using a fawn and white Corvino dog. Junior is using a black dog named Eli. Eli, is the betting favorite from the start as he gets the Corvino dog in the throat with a skin hold. The Corvino dog gets an ear and holds on. Deuce is Jack's dog's name. Eli is Boudreaux breeding. Deuce held the ear for about 4 minutes. Eli got loose but Deuce got his ear again and throws Eli. Eli gets in the throat an Deuce tumbles in a summersault in an effort to free himself. Deuce gets Eli by the nose and gets him off, gets a leg. Eli tries but can't stay in hold. Boudreaux claims that Bozo broke his jaw.

Sonny Sykes bought Bozo from Hernandez. Bozo had previously beat Al Offer's "Tuffy" in December. Jack's dog is fanged. Handler frees him at 19. Dogs out of hold at 20, catching their breath. Eli gets the throat. Deuce is on his back with skin hold, and Eli is resting out of his hold at 23. Eli gets up and tries for the throat, but Deuce gets an ear and Eli goes down. Dogs out of hold catching their breath at 26.

After a flurry of excitement, the dogs are out of hold and Junior asks for an out of hold count. Jack asks the referee if he must consent and the referee tells him no, so Jack refuses to go along with the out of hold count. Eli gets up and gets a good hold on a front leg but lets go and stands, Deuce is flat, catching breath at 30. Then they are up and at it, and Eli is working a cheek hold. Deuce was fanged through the tounge, Jack frees him. Eli acts like he thinks he has done all he should be called on to do but goes back into foot and skin holds. At 35, the dogs are out of hold, catching their breath.

Eli turns, a pick up is made, Eli scratches hard and went for the throat and Deuce goes down. 37, a handle was made, Deuce to scratch. Deuced is counted out and the black dog makes a good courtesy scratch. Eli declared winner in 38 minutes.

The thing that make the Eli dogs so popular is that they are powerfully built dogs with devastating mouths who consistently throw these traits into their offspring.

Officially Retired
01-20-2012, 06:33 AM
im sorry if its not allowed, just some historical info imo.

This is perfectly fine, and part of our history, so thank you for posting :)

Jack

R2L
01-20-2012, 06:34 AM
Adams and Crutchfields GR CH Art ROM

This dog was a very important part of Bulldog history. This dog came on the scene about the time when mediocrity in the dogs was coming to an end. Stinson and Glover, who originally owned and campaigned Art, were among some of the best dog men of that day and had as good a "Stable" of great dogs as there were around of that time.

Art was a product of B. Clayton who bred Eli, Jr. dog to his gyp Java. Out of this litter also came Double OO, Catfish, Patty, Little Java, and Ch. Hurt, noted for their ability and mouth. In spite of his ability there were many around that were convinced that he couldn't be any count since he was cur bred. But his record of victories dispelled those beliefs.

Art's first match was a win over Balke's dog in 1:20, for his second he won over Jobe's dog in :39. His third was against Burton & the Plumber's Jade. Here's the account for that match:

"My most memorable experience having to do with this world renown dog took place on a beautiful day in North central Texas when the combine rose to the challenge and brought him up to meet the Big Plumber's Jade dog. Jade was off of Hammonds' Zeke bred to Rasmusson's Ginger and one of the heaviest Dibo dogs of that day. He was thought by many a dog that couldn't be beat. He was a hard mouthed, offensive dog that would take a lot of good dogs out in short order. Jade had one flaw compounded by a medical problem that no one ever bothered to address. He never paced himself, mainly because he never had to but had a soft palet that would make it impossible to breathe if he had to go the long route. You got the picture, the Plumbers' were betting that this would be a short one so never worried about the oxygen problem.

Close to the half hour mark, Jade had started to melt and was gasping for every breath at this point. Art still being relatively fresh went to work and it appeared Jade would most likely meet his maker, had not the Plumber's picked him up at the :37 minute mark. It was obvious that Jade wasn't going anywhere and the Plumbers showed good sportsmanship in their decision to concede. Everyone shook hands and went their separate ways."

For Ch. Art's fourth match, he went into Chicken Sam

Chicken Sam used his 2 time winner Gator into Ch. Art. Both dogs were worked for other matches and they fell through, so they matched each other.

30 minutes and Gator takes the count making Art a four time winner.

For his fifth, he was matched into B. Crutchfield and D. Adams and disposed of their representative in :20.

After losing one of their best dogs to Art Adams and Crutchfield purchased him from Stinson for the amount of $2500, which was a steal for a dog of his ability and record.

Now owned by Adams and Crutchfield Art was matched into Cumpers & Razmus who brought a white dog called Polar. Both dogs came in under 46lbs. Cumper gives up the fight in 1:12.

He was matched into a B. Hall dog and was fouled out by the handler, on top. He was hooked into Holt's Jeremiah, unfortunately the contract was cancelled by Crutchfield. Of all of Art's matches only one dog ever scratched back to him.

Afterwards he was matched once more winning his seventh and offered at stud, at the age of three years old, the ads on him read "Art" "The dog with the Heart". Some time later this great 7xw was stolen just like his sire, Clayton's Eli Jr., as someone thought that the $300 stud fee being charged was too much.

He produced Gr. Ch. Mike, Ch. Strike, Ch. Luke, Ch. Bumper, Ch. Leila, Ch. Queenie and many other great dogs.

Art will long be remembered as a one of the greatest to ever look through a collar.

R2L
01-20-2012, 06:38 AM
"Bullyson" About The Legend

“Bullyson” was whelped sometime in the 1960’s, I belive by the old “Eli” dog. He was just one of many well thought of dogs in that litter. I was living in Oklahoma at the time. A while later “Bullyson’s” littermate was doing well in our sport, but we in the game hadn’t heard much of “Bullyson”.

Then one weekend we travelled to a north Texas town for a big show. There were lots of dog folks present. In our crowd there were the likes of Earl Tudor, Don Maloney, Waymon Davis, Jerry Beene, myself and many more.
It was Bert Clouse vs Bobby Hall with Maurice Carver the referee. When Bobby came over the pit with “Bullyson”, you new something different was going on. The dog acted like a crazy dog, or a maniac, or the devil in disguise.
When they turned them loose all hell broke loose. Everybody there, was at attention. This black son-of-a-gun just simply ate Bert’s “Red” alive. At the final scratch, Bobby couldn’t hardly contain the dog in his corner and he was scared that the crazy son-of-a-gun was going to bite him. This was the worst kind of man eater when conditions were normal, and they sure weren’t normal then.

When turned loose “Bullyson” zipped across and the match was over. Number one for Bobby Hall and “Bullyson”.
Sometime later, for reasons unknown to me, Bobby sold “Bullyson” to Red Walling and Mr Walling decided that Maurice Carver was his man with this dog.

Again, this dog was known on several occasions, when someone was moving him a car and he was loose, to sorta go off his rocker Despite these problems, they often hauled him loose, I think because it was so hard to put him in a carrying case. On the move from Hall’s in Houston to Carver’s place in San Antonio, Mr Raymond Holt was elected to carry the dog. As usual, “Bullyson” was carried loose in the car. Raymond told me, that the only way he could keep “Bullyson” from jumping on him during the trip was by playing with his testicles. That’s a helluva deal, No?

Anyway, Maurice got the dog and he was scared to death of him all the time he had him. I stopped by Maurice’s often and I could park my big rig right by his house. I have seen “Bullyson” jump two or three times right up into the sky above his cable, opening his mouth and biting the air, making terrible sounds.

At the time, Maurice said to me “You know me, and you know how I am when I have a dog in a keep. I like to move my wife into another room and bring the dog into the house with me, watch TV with him and such and just become the best of friends” Maurice had the feeling that if he was going to the pit with a dog he wanted to be his friend. He often said, “If I’m going to get down on my knees and ask a dog to take a killing for me, I want him to be a friend of mine” Both he and I had our doubts that “Bullyson” had any permanent friends.

Eventually, “Bullyson” was matched into Ed Weaver’s “Sir”. Several of us from Oklahoma came down for this one, including my oldest son Bobby Lee. Again it was the same old story, “Bullyson” just wrecked Ed’s “Sir” dog. Maurice said to me shortly after the match that he thought Ed would have brought something. Number two for “Bullyson”

Don Mayfield made a comment right after this match that I readily agreed with. Don said, he thought Ed Weaver should be commended for even going into “Bullyson”, as most people were already spooked by him. This was
certainly the case after the second match.

Later, I heard that “Bullyson” was matched again. This time it was into Rick Halliburton. The dog Rick was said to be using was reported to be a son of “Bullyson”, which turned out to be true.

It was a big match. My wife and my son Bobby Lee travelled some 200 miles for this show, staying at a real fancy hotel. On the morning of the match, Maurice and I almost overslept.and it was Don Mayfield who woke us up and led us some 50 miles to the place. Maurice, Pat, “Bullyson”, Doris, Bobby Lee and I were the last ones to leave following Mayfield. There were people present from all over the US, Canada and Mexico. I was kidding Maurice later, about him wishing that Mayfield would not have found him that morning.

I, along with many others, had the belief that “Bullyson” could whip Russia and China too. We thought that this was the dog of all pit dogs It was the last time I gave 2:1 odds and lost (not a good bet if you win and hell if you lose)
Anyway, speaking about how sharp a dog man I was, I didn’t even go and check with Halliburton to see what he had. He was a good friend of mine and would have told me. But I just thought “Hell Rick, you’re crazy! This is Bullyson and you don’t have a chance”

At match time, Maurice made a deal that he would enter the pit last. He didn’t want to stay in the corner with “Bullyson” for an extended time. When he entered, Rick was ready and so was the referee, Floyd Boudreaux.
Maurice didn’t even set “Bullyson” completely down. He dropped him two or three inches and turned him loose. The match was on.

As Don Mayfield said in his report, it was obvious pretty quick that if “Bullyson” was going to get there today, it was not going to be a blowout. After a while “Bullyson” turned. He scratched good and then “Benny Bob” scratched good. After this “Benny Bob” started to get faster and “Bullyson” got slower.

I want to note here, that “Bullyson” was a smaller dog and about three years older than his opponent. Everything that “Bullyson” did, “Benny Bob” came back and did it better. At the end their stifles looked like you had shot them full of buckshot.

Finally, it was “Bullyson’s” turn to go. Maurice faces him...When released, “Bullyson” turned his head a little to the right. His tongue is out. He don’t move! At the count of 6, Maurice stepped over the dog and threw in the towel. He then asked Mr Boudreaux to see if he could get him to go, since Floyd had had a small part in raising him. Floyd took him, straightened his head and released him. The result was the same. He tilted his head a little to the right and stood there.

After this, Floyd picked “Bullyson” up, handed him over the pit to Maurice, who turned and walked off with the dog.
I talked to a man a few days ago who lives in Huntsville, Texas, some four miles from Jerry Clemmons. Clemmons who oened “Bullyson’s” dam, is a Lab Technician. He told this man, that he had taken blood from “Bullyson” the day before the match. He’d said that the blood count was about half what it should have been, maybe because Maurice had been breeding him.

But again, both Maurice and I thought that there was no dog that could whip “Bullyson”. Don Mayfield, who had a fine magazine at the time, put a picture of the pit on the cover of his next issue. The picture, taken just before the match, showed Rick holding “Benny Bob” in his corner with Norman Hooten and Robert Conn looking on. Mr Mayfield wrote a nice story about the match for that issue.

Years later, he wrote another account of the same match. That latter account was quite different from the first. To me, it was a shame to see a story written later that downgraded a man who was dead and not able to defend himself. I understand from reliable sources that when Jerry Clemmons took his bitch to Floyd Boudreaux to breed her, he intended to breed her to one of Boudreaux’s well known brindles, “Boze”. However, when he ran across a solid black dog, he thought that he’d found just what he needed. So he backed her up to this black dog and made dog history with the litter of pups.

The black dog was the old “Eli” dog.

End

From The Bull Terrier Times Magazine

QCK23
01-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Thanks so much for the info, great read!

CitySwamp
01-21-2012, 04:39 AM
Bro let me take her for a breeding or two lol, but that is an excellent bred bitch if thats the blood you are looking to work with. Skull & his daddy Maverick are known but Alfafa was a heck of a producer as well as Taj Mahal starting to show he can throw and he was a very good dog.. Driggers stuff used to be more known for power and mouth, that bitch got mouth and drive from both sides of her ped so hopefully she will have it.. A lot of the skull stuff was rough and hard biting but some had timeclocks, thats why they mixed that stuff with the Reno as he was just game game game.. so it mixed well to compliment each other..

BulldogConnection
01-21-2012, 05:58 AM
very well bred bitch you've got on your hands.

QCK23
01-21-2012, 06:42 AM
Bro let me take her for a breeding or two lol, but that is an excellent bred bitch if thats the blood you are looking to work with. Skull & his daddy Maverick are known but Alfafa was a heck of a producer as well as Taj Mahal starting to show he can throw and he was a very good dog.. Driggers stuff used to be more known for power and mouth, that bitch got mouth and drive from both sides of her ped so hopefully she will have it.. A lot of the skull stuff was rough and hard biting but some had timeclocks, thats why they mixed that stuff with the Reno as he was just game game game.. so it mixed well to compliment each other..

She is the only Eli dog on the yard, we got her with the hopes she could be a cross that throws more mouth into our bolio stuff. Again thanks for the info, I find the more I read the more addicted I become.

Patch
01-21-2012, 04:54 PM
She is the only Eli dog on the yard, we got her with the hopes she could be a cross that throws more mouth into our bolio stuff. Again thanks for the info, I find the more I read the more addicted I become.[/quote]

Second that.

Jaystreets
01-21-2012, 04:58 PM
my mentor had the uncle to the dog you posted...willie's littermate....that was a hell of a maverick dog.

QCK23
01-22-2012, 07:31 PM
my mentor had the uncle to the dog you posted...willie's littermate....that was a hell of a maverick dog.

The dog didnt happen to be dirty buc would it? We saw an uncle to our dog on the yard when we picked her up, he was only about a year old but was built like a damn tank. We have been kickin ourselves for not taking him home with us too.

Jaystreets
01-25-2012, 05:11 PM

The dog didnt happen to be dirty buc would it? We saw an uncle to our dog on the yard when we picked her up, he was only about a year old but was built like a damn tank. We have been kickin ourselves for not taking him home with us too.

nah...this one was older.