PDA

View Full Version : Scratch back mag vs sporting dog journal

Stronghand Luke
12-20-2016, 02:08 PM
I was gonna order one of these, any suggestions on which is better in your opinion and why.

CrazyRed
12-27-2016, 07:24 AM
order both they're not expensive.. SBM will have a little more recent info in it but remember they only come out every season.. SDJ has older stories and what not..

Flexxtron
12-27-2016, 12:16 PM
I personally like SBM more. Definitely more recent info and it doesn't tend to focus on the same 5 kennels. SDJ is good for technical info.

Stronghand Luke
12-28-2016, 07:41 AM
Thanks that what I wanted to know

BULLDOG ANONYMOUS
01-13-2017, 03:02 AM
Rudy, is a fine historian, and just about see most with his own two eyes

stopem
01-13-2017, 07:16 PM
The day of the journal is over. Neither is worth wiping your ass with. Anything that you find in a mag you can find online; facebook, peds, and right here for tech with right peds and some real dogmen are on this site. Just like the day of papers are over. Bottom line if you are trying to get knowledge get with a good honest old school dogman and soak up all you can. Get out in the woods and watch the coon dogs tree. Listen and never stop studying. Im not kissing ass by any means but the pitbull bible (book) has great info on taking care of dogs so "There's your sign."

SOUR-MASH
05-04-2017, 07:48 AM
Bang for buck in terms of quality content it's SDJ hands down. With the SDJ you get a 3 course meal, followed by desert. Myself though, I like the meat and potato's of SBM and the big man is IMO the go to source for credibility with the play by play.

sam i am
06-16-2017, 09:06 AM
Good luck with sporting dog journal, it's a decent mag ran by the most unprofessional individual or individuals.

CrazyRed
06-16-2017, 09:18 AM
SBM is more in touch with what's going on.