PDA

View Full Version : Eli/Mims

RockyKennels
12-21-2016, 08:41 AM
Trying something different for yard going with this cross. http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_breedings_profile.php?breeding_id=7859

CYJ
12-21-2016, 11:42 AM
Your male has the markings/color that shows up in the older Carver type bred dogs. Your female shows some of the Don Maloney/Lightner looks and traits. Good deep chested and wiry strong built bitch.

When you break the pedigree down to 14 generations on both dogs separately and the future breeding. Shows basically a strong Eli x Red Boy cross with a lot of Tudor's Dibo influence. Should get great looking and balanced type dogs. If the Red Boy influence from the bitch side dominates the pups. May fire up early and if the Eli/Dibo dominates. Dogs may mature a little slower.

Either way unless they get fight crazy or start chewing roots/chains etc. Best start schooling around 18 months old. Let us know what colors the pups end up being. Looks to be a great breeding. If you get a cold dog, especially a cold bitch. If that bitch is well built and intelligent. Do not kill that bitch.

Patrick's Tombstone's full sibling sister was a cold bitch. Was only bred twice and produced some good match dogs. Bass' Tramp Red Boy's dam. Mc'Cleods' Susie Que, let the chickens eat out of her feed pan. Tudor's Dibo showed no strong prey drive till around three years old. The Vernon Jackson's Hank dog did not show a strong prey drive till around three years old. When Vernon sent Hank to my dog yard and later to Howell's dog yard was when this dog fire up. It was history after that.

Good luck with your breeding and hopefully a large litter of healthy pups. I know I have said this before, whether using a large brood pen off the ground or a brood pen on the ground. Make a bench type platform high enough that the bitch dog can jump up on. Too get some me time away from the pups. This will start around 3 or 4 weeks when the pups start getting those razor sharp milk teeth.

Less danger of a over worried and stressed out brood bitch from losing control and hurting any of her pups. When her udders get full of milk, will go back in the box to nurse and clean up the pups. The pups will also wean themselves much faster this way. Once they can not get to mama, the pups will start mulling around in the feed pan. I had mine eating solid kibble at three and half to four weeks old. Your brood bitch will look as good coming back out of the brood pen as it did going in. If fed and wormed properly etc. From the beginning of the gestation till the end of raising the puppies. Cheers

EWO
12-21-2016, 01:50 PM
http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_dogs_profile.php?dog_id=46880

This breeding took the Mims to the Eli/Frisco stuff on top. First breeding (Doorstop's litter) chock full of rough-ass, all-night dogs. Doorstop was then taken back to Mims Bonnie.

We made the breeding, split the litter and flipped a coin for the odd number pup. I ended up with Stump. Stump was born with three feet and a stump. My son wanted him and raised him as a pet til he refused to understand social skills. If he had traction he would have been taken up and down the road. He had a sister that would go all night but could not bust an egg or get out of the rain. Another sister had all the skills but chain etiquette. If it landed in her spot it was chewed to pieces. Hard, Hard keeper.

I bred Stump to Pancake, 1/2 brother-sister out of Bonnie. Skull won four. He basically the same as Stump. Mims out, and then back. 3/4 to 1/4 if you will.

Work thru those 1/2 and 1/2 dogs and then go back to those heavy Mims dogs you already have.

I do not have peds but check out US1 Jazzy. Mims female to one of CGD's inbred Eli dogs, down out of Raven. She was a freak but was not an easy keeper to say the least. Never met a scratch she did not like.

Good luck. And stop posting all those peds. It might just let the cat out of the bag. LOL.

EWO

CYJ
12-21-2016, 05:56 PM
One thing I would like to add that might or maybe not. Help your young new dogs from becoming root biters and chain fighters. Do not put any older dogs around them that already have those bad habits.

Try to spend a lot of me time with all your dogs. If the young dogs get bored and see a older bored hard keeper go to snatching roots or chain. They as monkey see monkey do. Could start doing the same. I know it is a heart break to any dog person to see this. Usually these dogs are deep game and talented.

This was a major problem V.J. starting having with some of his last dogs. He could not keep any good teeth in the better ones. I told V.J. to not inbred them anymore and try and find a good Colby dog to breed back into them.

What was so ironic, I found out after all those years later. One of the Colby great,great grandsons lived not far down the road from V.J. Vernon knew this fellow but never bred one of his best bitches to one of his best Colby studs. IMHO was a bad mistake. Cheers

EWO
12-21-2016, 06:14 PM
Maybe the best, most picture perfect dog I have ever seen was a coal black Colby dog. He was hog dog by trade down in SC. This dog tracked, bayed and caught all on his own. He was great with other dogs, even in the hectic moments of multiple dogs catching.

I remember seeing him and seeing his build, his athletic ability and his brute strength. I would have bred ot him on those attributes alone. He was something to see.

A gorgeous animal.

EWO

EWO
12-21-2016, 06:20 PM
I have one hard keeper now. I have her off to the side by her self. Although tomorrow I will move her to the inside yard to breed her to the Honeybunch male. Same deal. Mims out then back to Mims and out again, this is the out again breeding.

But I agree about young dogs, it is monkey see, monkey do.

EWO