PDA

View Full Version : Patterdale

BRICKFACE
02-11-2017, 04:48 AM
Looking for a female pup or young bitch from working stock.

Chase1
02-11-2017, 05:09 AM
If your looking for a true working Patterdale female. I would contact Robert Booth on facebook.

DVN
02-12-2017, 04:39 PM
Are you looking for something for earthwork or above ground work? For earthwork you will need small, under 14 lbs.

apeman
02-13-2017, 10:23 AM
Looking for a female pup or young bitch from working stock.

Go on Facebook and meet some hunters in the working Fell Terrier groups. Really good working dogs around California and Utah. If your looking for smaller ones for earth work, ground hogs, ect. look up Tim Jent and Dave Raber in the Mid-West. There are good working terriers all over the country these days.

BRICKFACE
02-15-2017, 09:30 AM
Thanks I have possums and coons needing to be controlled. I'm anticipating trouble once I start my chicken flock this spring.

apeman
02-15-2017, 12:06 PM
Thanks I have possums and coons needing to be controlled. I'm anticipating trouble once I start my chicken flock this spring.

Cool, for coon you probably want something at least 18 lbs. You might want even want to consider a Decker from someone that hunts coon and boar with them. Go on Facebook and that group will put you in contact with someone to fit your needs. I dont know of anyone with a female for sale at the moment. Small bulldogs work great too!

Chase1
03-15-2017, 05:52 AM
Decker giants are great hunters. I would rather purchase a Mtn. Cur or a Coonhound for above ground work. Unless i was clearing out a barn of unwanted raccoons or other pest. Going to ground work. I would use a patterdale. The smaller the better manuverable he or she will be. Jm2c

EWO
03-15-2017, 07:20 AM
One time Patterdale keeper. My buddy had a few a number of years back. The went on a cruise and I kept the Patterdale here. He was down out of the Mason family of dogs/Dirt Deevil family I believe.

I heard the stories and could not see it looking at the dog. About 12-14lbs. Hair was curly, yet wirey, but soft as cotton. Sweet little dog.

A possum popped up in the trash can one morning so I went and got Mr. Pickles. Upon sight you could have not shot a bullet in straighter or any faster. LOL. It was over in short order. He brought him to the door step with as much pride as a 100lb dog could muster packed in a 12lb frame.

He later won one of those rat killing in 60 second contests.

I'm no expert on these dogs but that particular one had as much finish as anything I have seen.

I can't speak for the entire Mason/Dirt Deevil family but Mr. Pickles would fit the bill you described.

EWO

BRICKFACE
03-15-2017, 03:03 PM
I ended up picking up a bitch from Deadgame I swear her ancestors look like mini pits lol...The breeder even sold old man FB some hounds that I hear are top notch! They also speak highly of GH stock as well. My bitch is heavy Booth/Nuttall off some top notch HOF terriers and imports from Booth.

Chase1
03-16-2017, 06:03 AM
Good luck with her Brickface

Chase1
03-16-2017, 06:06 AM
Watch out for Coyotes. They will grab one of these little patterdales by the head and take off with him or her.

Palooka
03-16-2017, 08:31 AM
i had a great little daughter of Booths Tipperary Tim, also had a double bred Tonic dog from him that he grew far to large for earthwork. he did introduce bulldog into his stock via the Black Nailus dog, though said he didnt continue that particular line. the sire of the last litter of terriers i bred, down from Gould stock

http://i66.tinypic.com/m7yfa.jpg

BD91
03-16-2017, 10:31 AM
I like the German hunt terriers (jagd terrier) they just seem more intense. Mf will go up against anything!!! I've always liked patterdales though! There some guy on YouTube that hog hunts with the jagds he even mixes them to add more size.

BD91
03-16-2017, 10:32 AM
Brickface can we see a picture?

IWK
12-05-2017, 04:28 AM
How's that Patterdale doing Brickface?

Rainman
12-05-2017, 09:36 AM
i had a great little daughter of Booths Tipperary Tim, also had a double bred Tonic dog from him that he grew far to large for earthwork. he did introduce bulldog into his stock via the Black Nailus dog, though said he didnt continue that particular line. the sire of the last litter of terriers i bred, down from Gould stock

http://i66.tinypic.com/m7yfa.jpg

Hey Palooka, do you have them groundwork dogs? There's plenty of coon dogs and badgers in my area but lack of diggers. My dogs are just way too big for groundwork..

Kilo
01-12-2018, 03:41 AM
Do you guys remember who California Jack got his Patterdales from and who the Sire was?

apeman
01-12-2018, 03:31 PM
I think he got the Avis (Mason or Bobbitt breeding) dog from Henry Johnson. I'm not sure what he had other then Avis. That was long ago.

Kilo
01-13-2018, 01:06 AM
Fucking Avis that was it bro, shit was driving me crazy...I remember his (Avis') sire went in the ground, they could hear him screaming and whining faintly but he wouldn't come out, so on day 2 they took a back ho and dug about 15 ft down through limestone and earth to reach him. He was still in holds with whatever the fuck he had. If you remember this dogs name it would be greatly appreciated....Thanks brotha. Kilo

Palooka
02-21-2018, 11:38 AM
Hey Palooka, do you have them groundwork dogs? There's plenty of coon dogs and badgers in my area but lack of diggers. My dogs are just way too big for groundwork..

sorry Rainman, ive only just seen this, been out of the digging game for a few years, though ive recently acquired a few terrier pups,a couple of lakelands and a border terrier male, just because ive never tried one before.