PDA

View Full Version : Registries

wobbles
01-24-2012, 02:06 AM
I'm the first to admit that I see no reason in paying someone else money to tell me how my dog is bred when I know good and well the pedigree right off the top of my head and could even print the ped off, but occasionally when someone wants to buy a dog they seem to think that the ped is made up if you don't have papers lol. I'm sure anyone who's ever sold a dog can relate. In the past I've used the adba but havn't been registering dogs much and will not continue to use them. With that being said I would like to get some feedback on other registries and which ones I could go to without all the BS and register some of my dogs.

OIK
01-24-2012, 09:25 AM
BFKC, Carl is good people and quick too. I am also starting one, for dogmen by a dogman. Calling it American Heritage Kennel Club, a no bs registry, not long of a wait for paperwork and inexpensive, no need to pay to use a kennel name just put it in the dogs name, recognizing ROM,POR, CH and GR CH..

wobbles
01-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Feel free to delete my thread Jack, wasn't thinkin' this AM lol.

HOGBIZ
01-26-2012, 12:49 PM
I used World Wide Dog Registry and they were pretty fast and efficient.

I tryed Most Hated, but it took them 3 months to respond to a PM I sent.

R2L
01-26-2012, 12:54 PM
never have, never will

best solution is dont sell, especially not to people who need that piece of paper, how are you going to grant someone one of your dogs who dont even trust you, lol man!!

Officially Retired
01-26-2012, 01:36 PM
never have, never will
best solution is dont sell, especially not to people who need that piece of paper, how are you going to grant someone one of your dogs who dont even trust you, lol man!!

Lotta depth in that statement bro.

SwampDweller
02-02-2012, 05:00 PM
never have, never will

Lotta depth in that statement bro.

I agree totally! I use to register every dog; every litter. Even when I bought dogs from others, that use to be the 3rd thing I asked, after finding out the price, and exactly who the sire & dam was.Then I came to my senses! I've always kept my own records anyway, so why not save that paperwork (ADBA) $$$$, and use it for food, vac-shots, wormers, swivels, collars, etc.,etc. I don't sell many anyway, I'd rather put them in the hands of "trusted friends" that I know will raise them right, and use them accordingly. And if all goes well, and the dog turns out, than I'll still have a hand in on him or her; I can always breed to it, or get something off it. Plus, my name will still be attached to it (% wise). So, the only paperwork I will provide, if I decide to sell one, is some I've generated myself. I know how to type a ped out on paper with a certificate boarder and make it look as pretty as ADBA, and I can get office depot to make a seal; so thats just as good, and will save me $$$, and keep inquiring eyes out of my business. And if thats not good enough for the person I may choose to sell one to, than keep it moving! I work everyday, and don't use these dogs to feed my family, or keep a roof over their heads.....

Swamp

gamebred75
02-06-2012, 08:46 PM
swampdweller summed it up/however i thought about using world wide registry has anyone used them?do u need to send them a copy of original reg.papers with pictures.patty from adba said i cant reg.some that i had to grab out of an area that got over run by u know who and the work was taken.

R2L
02-07-2012, 01:25 AM
I tell you something about the adba.

For like 100-200 dollar, can't remember exactly you can register yourself as an adba kennel.

AFTER, you can register ANY mutt you want, putting ANY pet you want