PDA

View Full Version : your dogs chain

scary
01-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Were are some of the best places or that you all order your chains from. I know TSC sells them. But i am sure i can get something better for the price. I need also something big for conditioning and some other ideas i am working on. As always thanks in advance!

scary
01-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Were are some of the best places or that you all order your chains from. I know TSC sells them. But i am sure i can get something better for the price. I need also something big for conditioning and some other ideas i am working on. As always thanks in advance!
Anybody? Is tsc were everybody go,s?

Officially Retired
01-26-2012, 03:39 AM
Grade 70 Transport Chain (http://www.lacledechain.com/hardware/transport) is all you'll ever need, and better than any hardware store chain, but Grade 100 Chain (http://www.lacledechain.com/hardware/alloy100) is stronger still and made for overhead lifting.

Truthfully, Grade 100 Chain is overkill, as Grade 70 Transport Chain will last longer than your dog will live.

Jack

bgblok68
01-26-2012, 07:36 AM
Scary as much as you're at TSC you should be friends with the manager. The ones around here will give a discount on a whole bucket. Got my last bucket (100 ft) for $90. My brother was a manager at a hardware store. Watch at yard sales and flea markets/swap meets.

R2L
01-26-2012, 08:37 AM
once called some random iron warehouse, and they a great deal for me.
just look em up on google or your phonebook

if you looking for a big chain to drag try a boat store.

Officially Retired
01-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Actually, big thick chains wear-out faster than Transport Chains. Their very weight is what causes the wear.

Transport Chains, by contrast, are actually lighter, but yet much stronger, than boating-type chains.

scary
01-26-2012, 10:56 AM
Scary as much as you're at TSC you should be friends with the manager. The ones around here will give a discount on a whole bucket. Got my last bucket (100 ft) for $90. My brother was a manager at a hardware store. Watch at yard sales and flea markets/swap meets.
Lol :roll:

YigYang
01-28-2012, 08:46 AM
I just go to my local hardware store