PDA

View Full Version : Swollen Joint

SDK
01-27-2012, 08:14 AM
JACK,

I have a gyp that 19months old, she lived in a 12x12 chain link fence kennel with wooden floor. Now she is on a 20ft chain set up. The problem is how an what do i need to do to relieve her front swollen joint due to an yard accident. The accident happen 3months ago, i have used dex and pencillin. All suggestion will b appreciated.

Officially Retired
01-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Penicillin does not reach down into the bones. It is an outdated drug and you really should get yourself better products than that.

For bone infections, you need a stronger drug like cephalexin, ciprofloxacin, clindamycin, etc. to penetrate where you need them to go.

You can get these at http://www.1drugstore-online.com ... however, it takes about 10 days for delivery, so if it is an emergency you need a vet.

As a side note, I had one bitch who I had to put down about 10 years ago, because she actually lost both of her paws. Because of antibiotic mismanagement, the bacteria infecting her bones built resistance to my initial choice of antibiotics, and she developed a rare untreatable twin case of Enterococcus faecalis and Pseudomonas fluorescens infection in both wrists, for which (once the buggers became resistant) there was no treatment. The bacteria actually ate all of the connective tissue surrounding her wrists, despite the fact I had her at the vet for 3 days to undergo treatment. He used a combination of gentamicin and penicillin and still lost her.

In hindsight, the vet should have used a combination of cipro/ampicillin, and he might have been able to save her. Anyway, I digress ...

The point of all this is your antibiotic choices matter, and penicillin is "stone age" antibiotics these days, so it would be better if you learn to keep better, more powerful antibiotics than "feed store penicillin" onhand.

Good luck,

Jack

SDK
01-27-2012, 10:46 AM
THANKS JACK, I WILL B ORDERING YOUR BOOK SOON.

SDK
01-27-2012, 02:05 PM
JACK, THANKS FOR SUPPORTING MY QUESTION. WILL THIS HELP ALSO, http://www.californiapetpharmacy.com/fish-flex-250mg100ct.html. IT HAS 250 MG CEPHALEXIN IN CAPSULES.