PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT: What Web Browser Do You Use?

Officially Retired
01-27-2012, 02:45 PM
One of the challenges to building any website (aside from repeated server errors thanks to your webhoster upgrading their servers, LOL) is the fact that different people use different web browsers--and each web browser "interprets" the web coding just a little bit differently from the others.

So I am curious to see which browser you all use. Me? I have all 4 of the listed browsers, but I prefer to use Mozilla Firefox because it is showcases more of the coding that we're working on. So, if you would please, let me know which web browser yall are using-- and why?

Jack

PS: Also, would you consider switching to Mozilla Firefox as a browser if doing so would enhance your browsing experience?

Officially Retired
01-27-2012, 03:00 PM
If you are using a browser other than the ones listed, please let me know which one, so we can double-check everything in different browsers.

Thanks!

R2L
01-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Firefox is the best browser anyway,

Hope you get over the problems soon, so far it's not good while you're doing a great job replying to everyone and remaining a great atmosphere on the board. got the point when u first edited 2 of my first posts. keep up the good work.!

Officially Retired
01-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, it has been an annoyance the last few days with these constant crashes, sorry about that. I will give my provider a week to get their shyet together, after which I may look for another server. I really don't want to go through the colossal amount of work it would take to move all these files somewhere else, but I will if I have to. This forum was running perfecto for the first month, it couldn't have been working better, and they just "had" to go to tinkering with things in their "routine maintenance" :roll: Most likely, everything will smooth out as they receive a deluge of a gaziliion phone calls every day from irate customers, so I expect things will be back to smooth-sailing shortly.

In the meantime, I am concentrating my attention on other matters and trying to get feedback on the browser topic, because I would like to get a general sample of the member ship if I could. So far, we have been testing everything on the browsers mentioned, and everything works A-ok on all of them, but some of the enhancements that can be seen on Mozilla can't be seen on the other 3 browsers, though everything still looks great and is arranged nicely.

Thanks again,

Jack

evolutionkennels
01-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Firefox is by far the best

ZeroCool
01-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Firefox when I am on the PC... and Apple Safari when I am on my iphone4...

heritage
01-28-2012, 04:44 AM
I use whatever browser is on my Android. I did dome searching for about 5 minutes and still can't find out which one exactly it is.

Officially Retired
01-28-2012, 04:46 AM
A big thanks to those who have participated!

Looks like Mozilla Firefox is in the lead ... with Google Chrome in second place.

Jack

YigYang
01-28-2012, 08:30 AM
I Have been using firefox since firefox 3.0 and now i have firefox 8.0.
I have t say google chrome is clearly the much faster brower but firefoxis more reliable and thats what stick with.
Apple Safari is what i used most of the time while on my mac but thats just because its the default browser.

scary
01-28-2012, 08:35 AM
I am using android on my sprint evo.

01-28-2012, 12:59 PM
firefox fr me.cant go wrong w/the fox...lol

mert
01-28-2012, 02:42 PM
I use mozilla on my desktop and google on my laptop and my desktop works way better than my pc even though its a dinosaur

Officially Retired
01-29-2012, 06:00 AM
You know, the more I experiment with Apple Safari, the better I am liking it :)

It's not quite as "casual and workmanlike" as Mozilla, instead it has more of a "techno" feel to it, but it does have some really nice features to it.

Ipk
01-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Firefox on pc. And google on the android. (almost all androids are default with a google browser. Except for at&t phones which tend to have yahoo as the default browser.)