PDA

View Full Version : LET'S TURN THIS SITE AROUND.

ROCK-MACHINE
08-05-2019, 09:57 AM
So far this site had been a dud and who do we have to thank for it...ourselves...NO ONE POSTS, myself included. Let's turn this around, take a read through the various threads that have been posted here in the past, there was some great discussions, great reads...and then it all stopped. I will lead by example and started a new thread here entitled BEST PRODUCER OF MODERN TIMES. So why not reply to that thread and start one of your own in any of the forums.

EWO
08-05-2019, 11:56 AM
I agree. The site has been really slow.

A month or so ago I scrolled thru and brought some older, but really good topics back to the top for a more current discussion.

Crickets........

I'm all for giving it another whirl.

Hopefully others as well.

EWO

brokeback
08-05-2019, 12:05 PM
It did used to have good, constant dog talk. My "free" time is limited but I'm all for logging in more often and posting more myself.

EWO
08-05-2019, 12:16 PM
Best post ever when you admitted to being an 'axle peddler'.

EWO

It did used to have good, constant dog talk. My "free" time is limited but I'm all for logging in more often and posting more myself.

BRICKFACE
08-05-2019, 12:53 PM
So far this site had been a dud and who do we have to thank for it...ourselves...NO ONE POSTS, myself included. Let's turn this around, take a read through the various threads that have been posted here in the past, there was some great discussions, great reads...and then it all stopped. I will lead by example and started a new thread here entitled BEST PRODUCER OF MODERN TIMES. So why not reply to that thread and start one of your own in any of the forums.true participation on this site is slow. However, looking on the bright side we have slowly grown to 300 members from only about 180 when I took over. I agree this is a community effort! I have made every attempt to steer away from the MODERATE every little thing you do approach for good reason, to give you all a voice, without threat of consequence. The platform is here, this is your community! Thank you all. I appreciate this post Rock!

LEFTLANE
08-05-2019, 02:23 PM
I like the quietness of the site, honestly it make me feel alot safer than the other big site. Also I like how the rule have kept the retards out of here. If there a topic I have 2€ to add I will.

Black Hand
08-05-2019, 04:10 PM
What makes us laugh makes us cry. I think most of us that are still here are private and it shows. But we all come around for a good boxing thread lol

Frank43
08-05-2019, 05:10 PM
I have plenty of topics I’d like to discuss. I’d like to thank ewo for his patience explaining things.

mottie
08-05-2019, 05:51 PM
What makes us laugh makes us cry. I think most of us that are still here are private and it shows. But we all come around for a good boxing thread lol

Amen to that

Frank43
08-06-2019, 01:31 AM
That died fast

Palooka
08-06-2019, 01:45 AM
to be honest im not that bothered about the forum section being slow, theres only so many things you can talk about and most topics have been covered a 100 times, i spend most if not all my time here in the pedigree section, which for me is hands down the best one out there.

LivewireT
08-06-2019, 05:20 AM
I already think I post a lot lol
i'll start posting more

BRICKFACE
08-06-2019, 05:48 AM
I already think I post a lot lol
i'll start posting morelol

stopem
08-06-2019, 12:39 PM
Lets address the elephant in the room. The site could have been larger and had more convo but jack killed a lot of that. Im not complaining cause I just read posts that im interested in and very rarely post. I like the quietness to hide my peds. Lol.

BLADE
08-06-2019, 02:37 PM
There is no doubt this site is dead on the day to day conversation but with that being said I'd rather it be the way it is than like that shit show over on online peds. This place is full of valuable little nuggets of information if someone takes the time to sit down and actually read rather than scan through here looking for a daily dose of drama. The folks I know don't have an ounce of interest in all that kid stuff. Facebook and online pedigrees has the market cornered on that nonsense.. let them have it. It's hard enough to own dogs these days, any serious dog fancier worth his salt who is looking for longevity with this breed will stay away from all that drama. :-bd

BRICKFACE
08-06-2019, 03:23 PM
Lets address the elephant in the room. The site could have been larger and had more convo but jack killed a lot of that. Im not complaining cause I just read posts that im interested in and very rarely post. I like the quietness to hide my peds. Lol.there is no elephant, no disrespect to CJ, but he hasn't been here for years. Maybe he left some members with PTSD or something lol

Frank43
08-06-2019, 04:10 PM
Lets address the elephant in the room. The site could have been larger and had more convo but jack killed a lot of that. Im not complaining cause I just read posts that im interested in and very rarely post. I like the quietness to hide my peds. Lol.

I like it small. Seemed like more mature discussing. I haven’t heard anyone say hounds on here. There’s more high level knowledge on here. I’m pleased with the site. Plus hearing people like evo, jack, wacc have discussions or arguments can really change how you think about things.

EWO
08-07-2019, 05:04 AM
For me, Brick corrected the slight from Jack. No issues there.

Also agree sometimes the topics 'is beating the proverbial dead horse', only so many topics and most of them have been covered.

I think I now use this board more for pedigrees than conversation as well.

I like it small and I like it being more private and definitely like the fact it is not a 'shit show'.

I was diagnosed with a medical issue last year and it changed a lot of things, sleep being one of them. Now I am up all hours of the night and this is one of the places I stop to pass the time. I would enjoy a little more activity, you know the cake and the ice cream scenario.

EWO

BULLDOG ANONYMOUS
08-07-2019, 08:18 AM
This site would need a major fixing before I'd post much here... I should be able to edit or delete my post for starter's

BLADE
08-07-2019, 08:54 AM
This site would need a major fixing before I'd post much here... I should be able to edit or delete my post for starter's

This I can agree with.

brokeback
08-07-2019, 11:19 AM

Me too.

And the BRIGHT green on the peds that hurts people's eyes. Since we're pointing out stuff lol.

APBT4LIFE
08-07-2019, 04:15 PM
I’d like to be able to delete pedigrees I entered of dogs I no longer own, have died, or do not have access to.

WDK
08-07-2019, 04:25 PM
I love this site it is the best hands down

BRICKFACE
08-07-2019, 09:44 PM
I’d like to be able to delete pedigrees I entered of dogs I no longer own, have died, or do not have access to.it will never happen because when Jack had a disagreement with someone, they started deleting hundreds of peds lol

EWO
08-08-2019, 11:17 AM
I can see the point but it would then disable the database for those who are using it for research/percentages.

Removing pedigrees would be more damaging than duplicating them.

Deleting or editing past posts should not hurt anything but the database is built upon correctly entered pedigrees.

EWO

I’d like to be able to delete pedigrees I entered of dogs I no longer own, have died, or do not have access to.

bigpopdog
08-08-2019, 05:40 PM
it will never happen because when Jack had a disagreement with someone, they started deleting hundreds of peds lol

I MEAN, IF THEY ENTERED THE PEDS WHY CAN'T THEY BUT (IF THEY WAS A MODERATOR, I CAN SEE THAT BEING A PROBLEM).

BRICKFACE
08-09-2019, 05:59 AM
I MEAN, IF THEY ENTERED THE PEDS WHY CAN'T THEY BUT (IF THEY WAS A MODERATOR, I CAN SEE THAT BEING A PROBLEM).because anyone could edit, add pics, and delete, anyone's peds. This database is made for pedigree accuracy. It would be like letting everyone have access to adba records then some hating mf come along and start deleting shit

Borya
08-13-2019, 09:50 AM
This site would need a major fixing before I'd post much here... I should be able to edit or delete my post for starter's agree I wont be listing anything in the classifieds again or posting much till I can edit or deletet posts

BRICKFACE
08-14-2019, 03:57 AM
The ability to edit post has been enabled. We will trial that for now

BKNGAME
08-18-2019, 04:05 PM
I've shared this site with others vs Feds Online & a few hv joined. I've NVR used this as Q&A type site. I don't hv alot of free time wrkn, raising, breeding dogs & I've personally gotten away from "social BULLDOGN" on all platforms, bc of all the undercover police activity on different sites especially FaceBook. Cali Jack was a catalyst in his own right sparking conversations whether he was agreeing or disagreeing with whoever's opinion. Things change bk & forth over time but I'd recommend keeping things in order & the followers will continue to grow. I've added @least 4ppl that I know of who enjoy the site & another 2-3 more who will join @some point. This maybe a situation where more is gained in silence.

BRICKFACE
08-18-2019, 06:03 PM
I've shared this site with others vs Feds Online & a few hv joined. I've NVR used this as Q&A type site. I don't hv alot of free time wrkn, raising, breeding dogs & I've personally gotten away from "social BULLDOGN" on all platforms, bc of all the undercover police activity on different sites especially FaceBook. Cali Jack was a catalyst in his own right sparking conversations whether he was agreeing or disagreeing with whoever's opinion. Things change bk & forth over time but I'd recommend keeping things in order & the followers will continue to grow. I've added @least 4ppl that I know of who enjoy the site & another 2-3 more who will join @some point. This maybe a situation where more is gained in silence.:-bd

Game Scratch Kennels
08-19-2019, 07:31 AM
It takes an act of god to even add a dog here. Everything is so damn complicated.
[

Black Hand
08-19-2019, 10:10 AM
Takes about 20 seconds.

BRICKFACE
08-19-2019, 10:43 AM
Takes about 20 seconds.literally not hard at all

Osagedogman2015
08-19-2019, 03:00 PM
Super easy......

BEN AND MIKE
08-19-2019, 07:19 PM
MAKE THIS A SECURE SITE .

Osagedogman2015
08-20-2019, 06:46 PM
I've shared this site with others vs Feds Online & a few hv joined. I've NVR used this as Q&A type site. I don't hv alot of free time wrkn, raising, breeding dogs & I've personally gotten away from "social BULLDOGN" on all platforms, bc of all the undercover police activity on different sites especially FaceBook. Cali Jack was a catalyst in his own right sparking conversations whether he was agreeing or disagreeing with whoever's opinion. Things change bk & forth over time but I'd recommend keeping things in order & the followers will continue to grow. I've added @least 4ppl that I know of who enjoy the site & another 2-3 more who will join @some point. This maybe a situation where more is gained in silence.

So true about CaJack. His potential to create and pull from others was something that is really missed by at least me.

Frank43
08-21-2019, 01:12 AM
Did he retire from the site also?

Poompoom
08-21-2019, 04:17 PM
Who had u to post them dogs for camp 8

EWO
08-21-2019, 04:21 PM
Agreed.

I enjoyed the banter, even when the banter got me kicked off the board. LOL

But I can see the need to dial things back. But at the same time being a member and being a posting member is pretty much one on the same if your shit were to hit the fan.

I like the accuracy and consistency of the pedigrees here and that is worth the price of admission.

EWO

So true about CaJack. His potential to create and pull from others was something that is really missed by at least me.

EWO
08-21-2019, 04:22 PM
He owned the board and I would think he would not have been good for business if he had stayed around. Not sure of the details.

EWO

Did he retire from the site also?

Rainman
11-15-2019, 08:40 PM
MAKE THIS A SECURE SITE .

Imo, nothing in internet is safe. The world's gone mad.

Good old bbq with no phones nor smart devices around, the only way for me to have good time

Carolina king kennel
08-04-2020, 07:26 AM
it's to hot to fuck with dem dogs it a pick up around fall when ppl in da woods more

BRICKFACE
08-04-2020, 09:03 AM
When I took over just over 180 members, today 360+. Not bad imo

DeezNutz
08-06-2020, 04:38 PM
Me too.

And the BRIGHT green on the peds that hurts people's eyes. Since we're pointing out stuff lol.

:-bd

DeezNutz
08-06-2020, 04:40 PM
I’d like to be able to delete pedigrees I entered of dogs I no longer own, have died, or do not have access to.:-bd