PDA

View Full Version : YOUR FRIEND & MINE 1952 thru 1961 Yearbooks for $25

SGC
01-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Here are new reprints of the old PIT DOGS Magazine and YOUR FRIEND AND MINE Magazine from the 1950s and 1960s.

These PIT DOGS and YOUR FRIEND & MINE Year Books are scanned from the original 1950s and 1960S issues and professionally printed, they are very high quality with sharp photos, not like a cheap photo copy.

These books contain a whole year of issues and are bound in soft covers.

http://www.apbtbooks.com/magazines.html

1952 is the FIRST year of the old PIT DOGS magazine, all issues in one book, 40 pages.

1953 is the SECOND year of PIT DOGS, all issues in one book with 72 pages.

1954 is the THIRD year of PIT DOGS, with all issues in one book with 70 pages.

1955 is the FOURTH year, when Pete Sparks took over and it became YOUR FRIEND AND MINE. All the issues in one book, 139 pages, almost twice as many pages as the previous year books

1956 is the FIFTH year, edited by Pete Sparks, all the issues in one book with 184 pages, this huge year book is $30.

1957 is the SIXTH year, edited by Pete Sparks, all the issues in one book with 121 pages.

1958 is the SEVENTH year, edited by Pete Sparks, all the issues in one book with 121 pages.

1959 is the EIGHTH year, edited by Pete Sparks, all the issues in one book with 174 pages.

1960 is the NINTH year, edited by Pete Sparks, all the issues in one book with 200 pages for $30.

1961 is the TENTH year, edited by Pete Sparks, all the issues in one book with 120 pages

A great look at the good old days and many of the famous dogs and dogmen of that time. Full of historical photos and info about the old bulldogs and the men behind them.

Ordering info is on the web site.

http://www.apbtbooks.com/magazines.html

These are great books to have at a low price of $25 each. That is less than the cost of one of the original issues if you can find one, and the printing quality is excellent.

I bought one of each and I am very happy with them. Lots of good reading!

++++NEW COUPON++++ Use this to get 25% off -- RETAILMENOT25
Just put in the coupon code when you place your order. Coupon is good until 2/29/12

SGC
02-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Oops!!! The Lulu 25% off coupon is expired. Sorry about that!

I do get emails from them with coupons and I will post them here as I get them.

But many of these books and magazine reprints are still a pretty good value --

http://www.apbtbooks.com/index.html

QCKLime
02-04-2012, 08:37 PM
I ordered a couple of the 1920's magazines today, and the Lulu site said that promotional code was expired. Still very good prices and interesting books -- I look forward to getting mine and ordering more in the future.

SGC
02-04-2012, 08:42 PM
the Lulu site said that promotional code was expired.

Well darn, that sucks! It's not my site, I am just posting it to help a friend. But I will ask him if there is another coupon code. I did not know this one has expired. I'll see if there is another one...

And thanks for your order and the kind words, it has been a big project and he is working on more years of Your Friend and Mine magazine and others.

QCKLime
02-04-2012, 09:05 PM

Well darn, that sucks! It's not my site, I am just posting it to help a friend. But I will ask him if there is another coupon code. I did not know this one has expired. I'll see if there is another one...

And thanks for your order and the kind words, it has been a big project and he is working on more years of Your Friend and Mine magazine and others.

No worries, just thought you should know! :)

It's awesome of him to have taken the time to do something like this. I honestly can't wait to buy everything on that site and have one phenomenally amazing library ;) Big kudos to him and everyone who puts forth the effort to make our fancy a little bit better with their books and preservation of it's history.

SGC
02-04-2012, 09:28 PM

No worries, just thought you should know! :)

It's awesome of him to have taken the time to do something like this. I honestly can't wait to buy everything on that site and have one phenomenally amazing library ;) Big kudos to him and everyone who puts forth the effort to make our fancy a little bit better with their books and preservation of it's history.

Thank you! I had no idea that coupon had expired. But I just went out and found a new one!

This coupon -- RETAILMENOT25 is good for 25% off until Feb 29, 2012.

It is a big project and he is scanning the old magazines as he finds the time. I agree it is a fine project. He is working on more magazines and some different things too. Thank you for your support and I will let him know!

SGC
10-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Here's another Lulu coupon for 20% off any order until Friday October 5th.

The coupon code is -- PLUMA

SGC
11-22-2012, 06:25 AM
The publisher Lulu is offering a special Black Friday coupon for 30% off which is a great discount. This coupon is good from Friday Nov 23 to Tuesday Nov 27th.

The coupon code is DELIRITAS and you just put it in on the order form and it gives you a 30% discount!

This coupon is only good for one order so put everything together if you want several things from Lulu.

SGC
11-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Now this is a bit confusing! I had posted about the 30% off coupon when I got an email from Lulu on Wed, but I just got this email from them today --

"Look for Big Cyber Savings starting this weekend on Lulu! Between Friday (Nov 23) and Tuesday (Nov 27) Lulu will be offering a variety of great discounts . Get 30% off anything on the site with coupon code REDEMPTIO or Save 35% on any order over $750 with coupon code DELIRITAS "

So... if the coupon I first posted about does not give 30% off, try the other one as above!

There are also reprints of Don Mayfield's PIT DOG REPORT from the early 1970s and reprints of the rare 1920s magazines PIT AND PAL and PIT NEWS, so there are lots to chose from.