PDA

View Full Version : Poncho dogs

siparia
02-01-2012, 01:09 PM
What traits are Poncho dogs known for? What do they add to a line?

Officially Retired
02-01-2012, 06:49 PM
What traits are Poncho dogs known for? What do they add to a line?

The best Poncho dogs are known for being extremely athletic, intelligent, longwinded, and game ... and can whip good dogs almost without getting touched in return by totally controlling the head ... and they add these traits to pretty much anything they're bred with.

The worst Poncho dogs are known for being extremely game plugs, that can take it, and still win on gameness in 2-3 hours ... or lose DG trying ... and they add this kind of rugged durability and pluck to pretty much anything they're bred with.

Jack

siparia
02-02-2012, 06:58 AM
Thanks

eagle
02-02-2012, 08:01 AM
poncho dogs are very special dogs, total packet...

ponchday
02-02-2012, 12:03 PM
My Poncho dogs have been smart, long-winded, very athletic, and as game as any other line. Total package in my opinion.

Officially Retired
02-02-2012, 12:50 PM
My Poncho dogs have been smart, long-winded, very athletic, and as game as any other line. Total package in my opinion.

I agree with everything you said, but have to correct you on the "as game as any other line" statement.

The fact (and two-decade record) proves that the percentages of gameness that Poncho dogs repeatedly and consistently display are gamER than nearly any other line of dogs today. I am sorry, but I take a huge amount of pride in the gameness percentages of these dogs, and I haven't painstakingly bred to nothing but high-percentage specimens for 20+ years just to be "as" game as other people's hit-n-miss beauties :lol:

Naturally, I realize that all lines have produced game dogs, but the point I am making is that most lines produce legions of average curs for every DG dog they produce. Not so with Poncho dogs--DG dogs are quite common in this line, while rank curs are almost unheard of. The truth is most of the popular bloodlines out there have abysmal gameness percentages, dog-for-dog, compared to my dogs (with the very rare exceptions noted and respected).

Jack