PDA

View Full Version : Very Strange

Marooda
02-02-2012, 02:19 AM
Something very curious just happened, around 0100 in the morning my male started drinking water which woke me up, when I went into the kitchen to check on him I smelled a very sour smell. When I looked to see what it was, I saw it was the last meal I fed him; which consisted of one chicken quarter, 10 ounces of beef fat, a scoop of plain yogurt and water filled half way in his bowl. When I took him out to his pen he was acting very excited and happy.

I have been feeding raw for awhile now and every once in awhile I would have loose stool out of him, but for the most part he digested the food and it came out solid. I also feed my bitch the same diet and she takes to it with no problem.

I am wondering if I put to much water in the feed and he may have drank too much fluid? Any ideas or advise would be helpful :?

R2L
02-02-2012, 02:22 AM
10 oz of pure fat? i think thats the problem right there.
about the water

what too much water does is dilute the stomach acid which can lead to incomplete digestion--whereas the raw fed by itself gets the full undiluted stomach acid to break it up

Officially Retired
02-02-2012, 04:10 AM
I agree.

WAY too much fat ... and there is ZERO need to put any water in his food at all.

If you read your book carefully, a raw diet is already 70% water so what is the sense of adding more water?

The diet you listed also an incomplete, with no real multi-vitamin source.

Jack

BulldogConnection
02-02-2012, 04:38 AM
Did the dog not eat the food? Throw it back up?

Marooda
02-02-2012, 03:16 PM
I feed him around 0500 Wednesday morning, yes @ BulldogConnection he ate all the feed and drank all the water and that following morning is when I seen a pile of beef fat followed by a smell that I will never forget.

I will admit Jack I am cutting corners, I was giving the full raw diet as described and I just fell out of doing it.

Officially Retired
02-02-2012, 04:12 PM
For shame, young scholar! :D