PDA

View Full Version : Waccamaw line

State Bull
05-04-2022, 06:23 PM
Who has won with that blood expect them and Pnitty Kennels
and Pelican Bay? Just always been odd how no one is winning with that but these guys.

Self
05-06-2022, 06:17 AM
I heard that there are very little competitive dogs from Waccamaw or that they're being undercover about they're few select dog. I've heard most of they're stock is hog dogs now.

State Bull
05-06-2022, 01:56 PM
20 plus years ago, they had great dogs!! It was odd how very few back then won with their dogs.

I would say dogs off Yellow produce regardless of who owned them. But, on the other hand. People fuck dogs up everyday and blame it on the breeder!!

But, many times hunters aren't breeders...

State Bull
05-06-2022, 05:34 PM
Now Waccamaw's ole man was the real dogman.Not his son..

Frank43
05-06-2022, 09:03 PM
But, many times hunters aren't breeders...

State Bull
05-07-2022, 05:08 PM
STP wasn't a breeder those ole boys didn't like to fool with puppies. They brought ready bulldogs. There were many in years pass like that. Not uncommon..

Frank43
05-08-2022, 05:13 AM
I like making dogs. For some reason my pups usually come out healthy. Either I'm arrogant and lucky or stupid. I have a plan in my head. My family seems to be coming along. I really don't want to advertise and I don't want my pups out. I know I can form a line. I like working dogs.

State Bull
05-08-2022, 10:39 AM
The blue print is already done in working dogs from Coon hounds to Pointers.. Dobermans.. Rottweilers...All you have to do is follow the breeds footprints.

Frank43
05-08-2022, 03:09 PM
I never had a problem with waccamaw. one of my dogs was 50% his breeding. I look for his influence in the offspring I have. There is a general hate for family bred dogs. I commend him on sticking with a recipe and having success with it.

State Bull
05-09-2022, 01:51 PM
These days you have to make sure what's, what . Pure RBJ doesn't have an out it. Most of the ones I see today are off Quick, who's sire was their out G/C Ratter dog.

I liked my RBJ years prior straight with no outs. Had the pleasure of having dogs right off Yellow. People forget the Wac yard is based off the Chavis Sabre bitch. Who was heavy Yellow John, not Yellow. They took that Sabre bitch to Yellow and look what they got, a game litter with ablity. I hear some talk nonsense about their Ch.LJ dog not being a producer. I think Splitear was the real deal in box and out. But, LJ had zero Yellow in him..

I posted this question as a general one..I have no issue with that blood.. Lines like Burns, Tant throw different as does Wac. Dogs do. On the average the dogs straight off Yellow worked everything many years prior.

Frank43
05-13-2022, 08:03 PM
These days you have to make sure what's, what . Pure RBJ doesn't have an out it. Most of the ones I see today are off Quick, who's sire was their out G/C Ratter dog.

I liked my RBJ years prior straight with no outs. Had the pleasure of having dogs right off Yellow. People forget the Wac yard is based off the Chavis Sabre bitch. Who was heavy Yellow John, not Yellow. They took that Sabre bitch to Yellow and look what they got, a game litter with ablity. I hear some talk nonsense about their Ch.LJ dog not being a producer. I think Splitear was the real deal in box and out. But, LJ had zero Yellow in him..

I posted this question as a general one..I have no issue with that blood.. Lines like Burns, Tant throw different as does Wac. Dogs do. On the average the dogs straight off Yellow worked everything many years prior.

have pure yellow John dogs mainly gone the way of the dodo

State Bull
05-14-2022, 01:44 PM
have pure yellow John dogs mainly gone the way of the dodo

Don't know about the dodo..lol.. It's still out there you just have to know who has it. Everyone doesn't like to be known.

Frank43
05-14-2022, 07:49 PM
I truly understand that. I know one person with it. They have had to cross it with current redboy dogs boomer and cottingham. The pup I got still has the look of yellow John. Just wondering if it's any good pure.

State Bull
05-14-2022, 09:22 PM
The Wac bitch Sabre was 43 or so percent Yellow.. And their line cares that blood... Yellow John has been dead along time.. He was put down early in life. He was only bred a few times. His kids and grandkids were some of the best off the RBJ line

Frank43
05-14-2022, 10:42 PM
The Wac bitch Sabre was 43 or so percent Yellow.. And their line cares that blood... Yellow John has been dead along time.. He was put down early in life. He was only bred a few times. His kids and grandkids were some of the best off the RBJ line

Why was he put down

State Bull
05-15-2022, 05:37 PM
Why was he put down

He bit his owners son and was culled.

Frank43
05-16-2022, 12:08 AM
I heard yellow John was culled early. Someone still keeps dogs line bred yellow John through crews rocky mixed with Cottingham. I have a female from it. She doesn't seem like a man biter. Im the guy biggest on putting down man biters. Damn I wish there were more yellow John dogs. seems someone was able to keep the good yellow John genes and culled out the man biting side.

Frank43
05-16-2022, 12:12 AM
what kind of bite was this? grab and work a hold or snap and bite.

Riverap
05-16-2022, 07:13 AM
I had a heavy big John dog about 10 yrs ago . He was the nicest dog and at about 70 lbs. One day out of no where I tried taking him for a walk he wouldn’t let me leash him up, he growled jump me at me, it was dark out and I didn’t realize my wife walked out back to see what was going on he went after her and I hit him in the head with a shovel… cause he had her pinned . She ran inside the dog went into his outdoor kennel I culled him a few days later. It was a pretty fucken crazy less than five min he was the size of barracuda. I’m sure not all Wacc dogs are like that his sister and others who had litter mates and dogs off the other litter mates to my knowledge never had the problem.

Frank43
05-16-2022, 09:57 AM
One of my foundation dogs was half wacc dog. Most of mine don't have problems with people. Some of the bolio dogs aren't the craziest about strangers and people. Seems like they are some of the smartest and have finish. One thing I like about the Hollingsworth dogs are the temperaments. People don't think it matters. Things like work ethic and stable temperament are definitely important. My dogs have been around my neighbors. They used to give me crap for saying I'd cull man biters. When you have to deal with ac and neighbors I'd make sure my dogs had good temperaments.

Riverap
05-16-2022, 01:46 PM
Agree 💯 last thing we need is shitty media on these dogs

State Bull
05-16-2022, 06:16 PM
I had a heavy big John dog about 10 yrs ago . He was the nicest dog and at about 70 lbs. One day out of no where I tried taking him for a walk he wouldn’t let me leash him up, he growled jump me at me, it was dark out and I didn’t realize my wife walked out back to see what was going on he went after her and I hit him in the head with a shovel… cause he had her pinned . She ran inside the dog went into his outdoor kennel I culled him a few days later. It was a pretty fucken crazy less than five min he was the size of barracuda. I’m sure not all Wacc dogs are like that his sister and others who had litter mates and dogs off the other litter mates to my knowledge never had the problem.

We had dogs off Waccamaw's line. Never had one people biter. Had dogs off AAA that we culled for that..All lines will throw a biter once every now and then. Most remove them from.the breeding pool.

I have been on well known breeders yards years ago, you would be surprised how many nonsocialized dogs they had that would bite. It wasn't the dogs, it was too many dogs for that person. Dogs need time with humans. Not left on a chain and forgot about.

State Bull
05-16-2022, 06:22 PM
One of my foundation dogs was half wacc dog. Most of mine don't have problems with people. Some of the bolio dogs aren't the craziest about strangers and people. Seems like they are some of the smartest and have finish. One thing I like about the Hollingsworth dogs are the temperaments. People don't think it matters. Things like work ethic and stable temperament are definitely important. My dogs have been around my neighbors. They used to give me crap for saying I'd cull man biters. When you have to deal with ac and neighbors I'd make sure my dogs had good temperaments.

Bolio was a biter and he passed that trait on. You just have to not use them regardless in a breed program.

Frank43
05-16-2022, 08:32 PM
The dog is smart as hell and so damn athletic

Riverap
05-17-2022, 07:39 AM
I owned his mother she was a sweet heart and sane sister. His uncle was off . Sad deal my kids played with him wife loved the dog flipped over night , I gave it a fews days to see if he was sick you hear that weird story dog bites and they find a pencil broken in its ear. Just did what I thought was right at the time facing that issue.

Frank43
07-04-2023, 09:48 PM
You never lied about her being mostly yellow john. Thing that kills me is all these new outcross breeders. Sabre looks pretty inbred line bred yellow john to me. Tight yellow john dogs seems to produce well. All the outcross breeders capitalize on the work of the family breeders.

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_dogs_profile.php

EWO
07-06-2023, 03:02 AM
If I were pursuing the Waccamaw line I would try to stack Chicora II as many times as possible.

I'd pick her over the stable of stud dogs, past and present.

EWO