PDA

View Full Version : cocoso supreme

DROPZONE
02-04-2012, 04:23 AM
Can anyone give me their opinion on this oil, to see if its well balanced for a WORKING dog. Its made by a company called AniMed. Thanks for the input.

Officially Retired
02-04-2012, 04:54 AM
List the actual ingredients ...

dtakennels
02-04-2012, 05:02 AM
Description

CoCoSo Supreme, by Animed, is a concentrated source of energy (cool calories) for horses of all classes, dogs of all ages and other farm animals. Nutritional oil in CoCoSo Supreme provides omega-3, -6 and -9 fatty acids, plus vitamins A, D3 and E to support normal physical and mental performance. Also helps get a soft, shiny, healthy coat. CoCoSo Supreme contains soybean oil, coconut oil, rice bran oil and flax seed oil. Top-dress or mix with daily feed. Dosage: Horses - 1-2 oz per 1,000 lbs body wt; Dogs - 1/2 tsp per 25 lbs body wt; Cattle - 1-2 oz; Goats/Sheep/Swine - 1/2 oz.

DROPZONE
02-04-2012, 05:29 AM
Sorry i cant post all the ingredients . Dont know how to do it from my phone yet.

Officially Retired
02-04-2012, 05:37 AM
Thanks DTA (I took the liberty of highlighting the ingredients in your post, hope you don't mind).

All of those oils are good, except perhaps soybean oil. While soybean oil is a great source of Omega-6 linoleic acid, it has unfortunately also been linked with food allergies in dogs, but the opinion on this is debated.

Since rice bran oil already has plenty of Omega-6 linoleic acid itself, plus a great amount of Vitamin E (which soybean oil does not), I don't see the point of adding soybean oil to the mix, when rice bran oil already covers what soy brings to the table, plus the added bonus of Vitamin E, which is vital for reproduction and cell regeneration.

Jack

dtakennels
02-05-2012, 04:21 AM
no problem Jack...

Dropzone I agree with Jack and I see no need for the Soy....I use AniMed products and they have worked well for me just not this 1...

A good mix of oils I have used is Wheatgerm,Flaxseed, and Cod Liver Oil....