PDA

View Full Version : vaginal prolaspe

02-05-2012, 12:28 AM
hi
i have a young female just came into heat the first time i never had this before but a large knot came out and is out side her vagina and every one i know who has had dogs i asked about it they told me is vaginal prolaspe i have asked some say take her to the vet and they will either stich her close or they will neuter her also some said that i should not worrie and let her finish her cycle and it will go back in . Either her next cycle she gets it worse or she never again. Any one cake to share their opinion. I am suppose to take her vet this week but i spoke to the vet and they already say they dont do surguary on dogs and if i know they they will take the easy way out and neuter my young female. thanks greatly

mert
02-05-2012, 11:49 AM
I had the same thing happen to my hound last year and was told pretty much the same thing you are being told. My female has been in heat since then and did not swell as bad as the first time but still did swell. My vet says the only way to fix it is to have her spayed, which I am not willing to do. I had a few people tell me it would get better as she matures so I am waiting to see. I don't really have any advice, just like you this is my first experience with this so I'm gone be patient and see what happens. Good luck with whatever you decide.

02-05-2012, 11:41 PM
thanks bro i looked @ her yesterday and the swelling looks like its going down so im going to hold off and im going to see what happens in the near future. Not going to go vet unless buy the next 2 weeks if it dont go down ill go to the vet but im suppecting it to go down . thanks again . and hope me and your female is worth breeding or dont have this problem again .

QCK23
02-07-2012, 03:55 AM
we had one of our bitches prolapse, took her to the vet and had them staple it...she has had two litters since with no complications

Officially Retired
02-07-2012, 04:51 AM
thanks bro i looked @ her yesterday and the swelling looks like its going down so im going to hold off and im going to see what happens in the near future. Not going to go vet unless buy the next 2 weeks if it dont go down ill go to the vet but im suppecting it to go down . thanks again . and hope me and your female is worth breeding or dont have this problem again .

All bitches swell to some degree when they come in, which is natural. The estrogen spikes in their blood and their flesh "reacts" to this blood by swelling. Hyperplasic/prolapse bitches merely have their vaginal area over-react to the estrogen hormone spike in their blood and they swell too much. By the mid- to latter-stage of their heat cycle, the estrogen dies down and then the progesterone spikes, and so their vulva gets softer and isn't swollen so much, and eventually the prolapse goes away as their heat cycle goes away.

This problem does tend to minimize with age, with progressive heat cycles getting less exaggerated, but not always. IMO, a prolapse really isn't that big of a deal, and I for one wouldn't waste a dime going to the vet to do surgery. All you have to do is keep the bitch in a pen, so she can keep her nasty cooter clean and out of the dirt, and you can get the breeding done with or without the prolapse. If the male struggles to get in, then breed by AI.

Sure, it's a genetic defect, but if the quality of the bitch makes it worth it, then I wouldn't sweat it. If the bitch is just some average palooka, however, and not exceptional in some way, then I wouldn't waste my time perpetuating this trait by breeding to her at all.

Jack

AGK
02-07-2012, 10:11 AM
:)

02-18-2012, 09:20 PM
thanks Jack i think that was that female first heat . I really dont pay any attention to her due to she is the greediest dog yes i made that word up for her and she makes this noise that to a naked ear you will swear someone is beating her or doing harm to her. But like her besides that very active but shy. She just about a year and she came into her first heat. But next time she comes into heat i hope by then she show me the traits i need to bring better bulldings by breeding her