PDA

View Full Version : Female feeling dawn and eats a few bites at a time

YardboyKennel
12-22-2011, 04:14 PM
I would like to know if B12 5000 works and can it be used every day or once a week?I'm thankful for any help I can get.She is carrying pups as well 30 days in.

Officially Retired
12-22-2011, 04:35 PM
I would like to know if B12 5000 works and can it be used every day or once a week?I'm thankful for any help I can get.She is carrying pups as well 30 days in.

Okay, there are a lot of things that can be going on here with a pregnant bitch, so it will help me to help you if you could give me more info.

Age?
Weight?
What do you feed?
Color of Gums?

Vitamin B12 is a nutrient, but if your pregnant bitch doesn't feel like eating, there are probably other factors that need to be addressed than a B-vitamin deficiency.

Jack

YardboyKennel
12-22-2011, 06:03 PM
She is 2 1/2,33 pounds and her gums are pinkish red.I notice the other day her right eye had swolling almost closed.I brought her in the house then it went dawn.The other day my wife say she seen a red white and clear fluid coming out her vagina.I feed Kibbles mix with raw.

Officially Retired
12-22-2011, 07:06 PM
She is 2 1/2,33 pounds and her gums are pinkish red.I notice the other day her right eye had swolling almost closed.I brought her in the house then it went dawn.The other day my wife say she seen a red white and clear fluid coming out her vagina.I feed Kibbles mix with raw.

She may have a severe infection overtaking her system.

If she were my bitch, I would take her in the vet first thing in the morning, get a cytology of her vagina (to rule out a pyometra/uterine infection), and since her eye is swollen have her lymph nodes examined, temperature taken, and perhaps bloodwork done.

Because her eye is swelling shut, it could be a tooth infection developing deep in her upper palate/mandible/skull that is growing and causing her to get septic ... it could be a lot of things ... but when a bulldog comes off its feed, it is sick, and generally serious ... and with a vaginal discharge and those other symptoms, this is not something to fool with by playing guessing games.

Good luck,

Jack

YardboyKennel
12-23-2011, 04:47 AM
Thanks Jack I'm on my way to the vet as we speak.

Officially Retired
12-23-2011, 05:57 AM
Best of luck to you man, don't forget about the cytology and bloodwork, and let us know what happens.