PDA

View Full Version : AC visit ?

heritage
02-09-2012, 08:55 PM
I was just recalling an incident that happened on a friends yard about a year ago ...

My friend was away at work and he was living with a roommate who kept some blue dogs. Well two of the blues(75lb each) who were in the same cage broke out of the cage and jumped on a little 30lb bitch who was on her chain.. Well my friends gf is freaking out and the next door neighbor comes out and decides the best way to break up the fight is to discharge his gun in hopes of scaring the blue dogs enough to be able to grab them off the little dog. Well this actually worked and they managed to control the two hippo dogs. Well AC showed up later when my friend was home from work and wanted to see the dogs. The outcome of it was that they told my friend that they would be back in 24 hrs and if he didn't have proof that he had taken the injured dog to the vet, that the dog would be seized . Now I know they were trying to scare the Shit out of my young friend because they saw his 6 chained dogs who all had great setups, clean water etc, none were banged up, and they kept asking what they did with the dogs. My friends old lady got pissed and brought out a box full of show ribbons and dumped them at the officers feet after one of the officers said,"these ain't show dogs". The officers also said that they were sending the dpgfighying taskforce out the next day....now seing as my friend had to work the next day , he had no other choice, in his mind at least, but to take his little bitch to the emergency vet and spend $400 for a little piece of paper saying the doggie was ok. The bitch wasn't hurt at all, she had one cut on her ear which maybe could have required a staple, but not really.

So my question.....did the officer really have the power to seize the dog if not taken to a vet? Or is there a way my friend could have basically said, "look man Im not a vet but I have given this dog more than adequate treatment and this dog is not in need of further veterinary care."

???????

heritage
02-09-2012, 09:04 PM
I forgot to add that AC never did show up again, nor did any task force, but my friend did spend the $400 for an ER exam.

AGK
02-10-2012, 03:53 AM
:)