PDA

View Full Version : schooling a bitch in heat?

scary
02-12-2012, 05:30 PM
I have a friend who is older then me and i come to find out that he is schooling a bitch i know it's stupid by putting it politely! I want to help him because we all know whats going to happen if he don't see what he likes. She is a nice breed bitch and i would hate to see her get... because i am younger he's not going to listen but can some of you all properly educate me so he doesn't make make a stupid decision because of his own ignorance. As always thanks in advance

SCARY

PurePit19
02-12-2012, 05:59 PM
There is no point to school her during that time, mind as well wait til the cycle ends. But a heat cycle usually doesn't alter the performance much. JMO

Crofab
02-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Each individual female is different. Some females can perform normally when in heat, whereas I've seen others that wouldn't perform at all in heat. If nothing else, your friend could see which way his female swings. That way if something ever arose in regards to showing her when in heat, he would at least have some type of idea of what to expect.

YVK
02-12-2012, 07:11 PM
I would advise against it. I have seen heat cycles have a tremendous negative impact on performance.

Officially Retired
02-13-2012, 04:28 AM
In general, I agree that there is "no point" in schooling a bitch while she's in heat ... however, Crofab does bring up "a" point, namely to see how she performs while in heat. So that is a very good point.

However, if the bitch was acting funny while I was schooling her, I wouldn't prolong the deal, I would pick her up if she didn't snap out of it right away and put her back on the chain. In other words, I would certainly never judge a bitch's quality while she's in heat, because I have seen plenty of absolutely game bitches under every other condition not even try to do anything while in heat. I would just see how she handles her business while she is operating under that variable.

Still, that said, in the end I don't think I would match a bitch in heat, even if I saw her do well in a roll while in heat, because there is no guarantee she's not going to be affected differently by a subsequent heat.

Jack

evolutionkennels
02-13-2012, 04:28 AM
The hormones that a bitch has going around in her body are such that they make the gyp very dog friendly. The hormones ae wiring her to MATE, which entails being friendly wih the male or female. It's proposterous to do anything with her. I'll put it to you so he understands. Tell him to imagine himself with the hottest woman out there, she's got her clothes off and and thows him on the bed, at that time his buddy calls him to see if he want to go watch a fight. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Your mind is in a different place. The biological urge to reproduce and the hormonoes involved to make that happen cloud all judgement, reason, and behaviors. DONT DO IT.

Officially Retired
02-13-2012, 04:38 AM
I was just thinking of an example of a great bitch who was totally different in heat: my Bandana (http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=90605) bitch :)

Bandana was pure poison as an individual. Body strength out of this world, and as intense and ruthless a gut/kidney dog as you could ever want to have ... but when she was "in heat" she would literally throw her ass at every dog she saw, just a total whore :lol:

I remember walking Bandana around the yard in heat once just to prove a point to someone. While (under normal circumstances) she would try to scratch into every dog, when Bandana was in heat she was like a propeller ... just throwing her ass in every direction! It was truly hilarious :lol:

Jack

scary
02-13-2012, 07:02 AM
Thanks again guys

Crofab
02-13-2012, 01:09 PM
The hormones that a bitch has going around in her body are such that they make the gyp very dog friendly. The hormones ae wiring her to MATE, which entails being friendly wih the male or female. It's proposterous to do anything with her. I'll put it to you so he understands. Tell him to imagine himself with the hottest woman out there, she's got her clothes off and and thows him on the bed, at that time his buddy calls him to see if he want to go watch a fight. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Your mind is in a different place. The biological urge to reproduce and the hormonoes involved to make that happen cloud all judgement, reason, and behaviors. DONT DO IT.

Your point isn't right in the sense that a man in the bed with a hot, naked women isn't the same as a dog that has been genetically bred, for hundreds of years, to fight. I've seen many females that are not dog friendly when in heat. In the same sense, I've seen many that were more tolerable, but I wouldn't rush to say they were friendly. I've seen quite a few females perform when it mattered most in standing heat, and it was never detrimental to them whatsoever.

In the end, each dog is an individual. While some may be the total whore package like Jack's Bandana female, there are other females who simply do not care, one way or the other, about the four legged individual standing across from them. Hundreds of years of breeding take precedence over reproduction at that juncture for those particular females.

Earl Tudor
02-13-2012, 02:06 PM

Your point isn't right in the sense that a man in the bed with a hot, naked women isn't the same as a dog that has been genetically bred, for hundreds of years, to fight. I've seen many females that are not dog friendly when in heat. In the same sense, I've seen many that were more tolerable, but I wouldn't rush to say they were friendly. I've seen quite a few females perform when it mattered most in standing heat, and it was never detrimental to them whatsoever.

In the end, each dog is an individual. While some may be the total whore package like Jack's Bandana female, there are other females who simply do not care, one way or the other, about the four legged individual standing across from them. Hundreds of years of breeding take precedence over reproduction at that juncture for those particular females.
Your point is well taken, as many a bitch won't even stand for a male when in full blown heat, even when ALL her hormones are telling her to do so!!!

Officially Retired
02-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Your point is well taken, as many a bitch won't even stand for male when in heat, even when ALL her hormones are telling her to do so!!!

This is true.

However, even bitches that "won't stand for a male" while in heat ... if allowed to go ... will sometimes get squirrely in the middle of brawling. I rolled my Zipper bitch once, and she was normally a helluva head dog. After about :05 she started letting go of her opponent and "bumping" her with her butt, and I thought, "WTF is this?"

So I brought her back to the corner and Zipper was screaming with rage to get back ... and so I let her go, and she started acting funny again, and (sure enough) I saw her big, sloppy cooter and realized she was in full-blown heat. She never acted like that either before, or after, that lil roll.

Point being, even though Zipper was "screaming mad" in the corner, and even though she took hold and did her thing, she was definitely "off" in her hormones. Her letting go wasn't any kind of quit IMO, because she couldn't have gone more apeshit to get back when held in the corner, nor could she have deafened my ears by screaming any louder for more, it was just that she was a little "screwy" (literally :lol: ), because of being in heat. It made her want to screw as much as she wanted to brawl.

But I have also had other bitches (Red Sonja) that hated any form of "hair moving" ... in heat or not in heat ... and never missed a beat (even when in heat).

Jack

Buck E. Owens
02-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Bitch might cramp up, or just be thinking about gettin laid.. best to wait it out

Dogger
02-16-2012, 04:22 PM
Dont school a bitch in heat because that tend to be submissive and will make u think they are a cur when in fact they are not that's the way they nature intended especially in breeding season the male and female tend to b bait more nicer to other dogs

Crofab
02-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Dogger, dogs (males or females) are individuals. Not all females in heat are submissive. Obviously, if you attempt to do so and the female is submissive, then you know it's not going any further. You simply can't lump all dogs together simply because it's something that is believed without any real basis.

duval
02-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Evolution is right it would be crazy to try a dog in heat with all the activity of her hormones not to mention blood loss. It just wouldn't be fair to the animal. One of my mentors once told me "the owner has to be smarter than the dog"