PDA

View Full Version : Patricks Double Bob

Bigfoot23
02-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Ca jack what did you think of that dog and did you get a chance to bread to him since he was tight Bull boy bob. Thank you

Officially Retired
02-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Double-Bob was a very well-bred dog that was bred quite similar to Mason's Bolio Jr:

...................................... ...... Indian Bolio
......................... Patrick's Bull Boy Bob
............................................. Patrick's Tuffy
...... Patrick's Double-Bob (http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=7875)
...................................... ...... Patrick's Bull Boy Bob
......................... Patrick's Billy
............................................. Anderson's Rose *

...................................... ...... Indian Bolio
......................... Patrick's Bull Boy Bob
............................................. Patrick's Tuffy
...... Mason's Bolio Jr. (http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=2396)
...................................... ...... Patrick's Bull Boy Bob
......................... Patrick's Speedy
............................................. Patrick's Red Baby *

On paper, Double-Bob is bred near identical to Mason's Bolio Jr, with Anderson's Rose being the mother to Billy and Red Baby being the only genetic difference, again on paper. However, as far as my understanding goes, there are some pretty major differences. To begin with, Double-Bob was a very good-looking, ruggedly-built animal. If memory serves, he was jet black with red eyes. I actually have a pretty good photo of him that I took back in the fall of 1990 that I will post someday when I am able (probably, once I get my database up, I will post every single "old dog photo" that I took on the database for all to enjoy.

Anyway, my understanding is that Double-Bob was cold. I do not know this to be a fact, but that is my understanding. Genetically, Bob's mother Billy (BBB x Anderson's Rose) was bred near-identical to Lady In Red (LT x Anderson's Rose), but I cannot remember if Billy was supposed to be a good bitch or not. What I do know was that Mason's Bolio Jr. was a badass dog what came off a broken leg to win in 1:10, and would try to finish in the throat, and that his mama Speedy was Little Tater's sister and The Mason told me nothing lived passed :40 with Speedy, who was a relentless pressure-fighting finisher in the kidneys/throat. When it clicks right, Speedy is the key that carries the magic behind the best Coca Cola dogs IMO :mrgreen:

My only actual experience with Double-Bob blood was when I rolled my Rio (http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=2400) bitch into Roberta, who was brother-sister bred off Double-Bob to his sister Abbe. Neither bitch was really showed much, but my Rio prevailed and stopped Roberta in about :32. After I lost Truman, I traded Rio to get Miss Trinx to produce Poncho.

All-in-all, cold or not, Double-Bob has an excellent pedigree. Even though the only dog I saw off of him wasn't much, this doesn't mean he couldn't throw excellent dogs bred to the right bitch. My final analysis would be Double-Bob is a fine-bred dog on paper ... but selection-wise I do not personally consider him anywhere as valuable in a pedigree as Mason's Bolio Jr.

Jack

STONEWALL
02-16-2012, 06:10 PM
I made many visits to Pat's yard, and made several breedings to his studs. I remember Double Bob. I saw him on most of my visits. He was a well built rather muscular jet black dog. I had my choice to breed to any dog on Pat's yard and I never bred to him even though he was the only son of BBB on Pat's yard. I don't remember seeing any of his offspring on the yard but there could have been. Pat had many dogs on his place.